Fast Pass newbie questions

Ok, this is my first trip in 16 years, so I’m new to FPP. We will start our vacation on July 27 and are staying onsite, so I’m nearly to my 60 day window. Here are my questions:

1. Do I have to pay off my package before i can reserve fast passes?
  2. When I hit my 60 day mark, will I get any notification from Disney, or do I just know from my countdowns and suddenly it’s available?
  3. Right now, if I go into the fastpass page on MDE, it shows that I don’t have any tickets linked to my account, even though I have a package booked. Is this because I haven’t paid off the package yet, or because I’m outside the window?
  4. Is there anything else I should know before that day gets here?

Thanks for all your help!

I can’t speak to your package questions.

2: No, you get no notice from Disney themselves. However, Touring Plans will notify you the day before, if you already have a trip showing on your dashboard.

I suggest reading the recent series of blogs on this site that are “Back to Basics” about FPP, they have a lot of good info for trying to get the best ones/times that will work for your particular trip.

You don’t need to pay off your package in order to get fastpasses. Balance is due 30 days prior to check in.

You won’t get a notification, but you can use Touring Plans to set up a trip in your dashboard and they will send you notifications. Or you can download a countdown app for your phone.

currently, the site will not show the ability to do any fastpasses until that morning. They open at 7am eastern time now (not midnight any more).

And yes, read up on the blogs about fastpasses and recommendations.

Thanks, all. I’ve been reading up and following the posts for a few months, so I’ve figured out how to select which fastpasses we want, etc, I just wasn’t sure of the logistics above. This helps a lot. Thank you!