Fantasmic Wait time

How long before Fantasmic starts should we get in line to get a good seat? We are a group of 9, travelling the last week of March. If there are two showings, we would plan to do the 8pm one I would say.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Will you have a dining package? If not I would show up at least an hour beforehand.

Really depends on where you want to sit. If you don’t care about being far to one side you can get there 30 minutes before showtime.

Dining packages are going to get the center section.

1 Like

I was really hoping to get the package but they were not there at our booking time. I currently have Sci Fi Dine in booked (not dining package) as our kids really want to try it. I have been keeping my eye open however have never seen any packages for Sci Fi (I even set up alerts prior to 60 days). There is some availability for other restaurants, however I think our group wouldn’t be happy about skipping Sci Fi.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will show up but we are a group of 9 so I am doubtful.

It has been almost 20 years since I have seen Fantasmic so I don’t have a specific area in mind. I just know we would like good seats (so the kids can see and enjoy the show) and not be in the splash zone. If the whole centre section reserved for the dining package?

Do you mean an hour before the show starts or an hour before they begin seating people? I read they open the seating up 1.5 hours before - so would this mean we need to show up 2.5 hours before?

1 Like

During the 8:00 show yes the center section is the dining packages.

I’m not sure about the later (9:30 right now) show. I haven’t heard of anyone getting that show with a dining package since the show came back, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t happening :wink:

1 Like

Im rolling in 25 mins before the show and we will see what happens. I want to see it. I’ve only seen it once in the many years I’ve gone to Disney. But I also won’t wait 1.5 hours in line to view it. At that point, you tube is fine.

4 Likes

DD22 does this almost weekly to the later show :wink:

4 Likes

Good to know. Is the earlier show THAT much more busy? Was wondering. It will be a Thursday when we go late March. Is there a point in which you can look at the queue and know you aren’t getting in? I don’t care where we sit.

1 Like

Yes - That is a good point. I am sure the later show is much less busy as most families would be seeing the earlier one. We do have a pool day the next day so maybe we will roll with Sci-Fi and do the later one.

I did just go and book the package with 50s Prime Time though as I was starting to panic about having to wait hours!

2 Likes

Sorry but I’m not sure. I’ve been twice since it came back but had a dining package both times. It didn’t fill up though, there were still spots in the outer edges.

1 Like

Oh gosh no I would never arrive more than an hour before the show, personally. There are still plenty of seats 30 min before, though not the very best spots.

OK - that eases my mind! An hour before isn’t terrible. We are a group of 9 so I feel we could go get our seats and then a couple of us go and get snacks etc and it would likely go by pretty quickly…

25 more days…the countdown is on!!!

2 Likes

DD went last night again. They sat down at 9:15 for the second show. This was her view

Granted crowds were low yesterday. But I just can’t stop recommending the second show if you don’t want to wait in line for a seat :wink:

9 Likes

Nice! I don’t know if I can stay up that late but might be worth it.

1 Like

Disney energy will help!! :wink:

2 Likes