Fantasmic only on weekends right now?

Is Fantasmic only going on the weekend right now? I don’t see times for our trip next week on Mon-Wed.

Also it looks like it might be cold and rainy. Any tips on how to survive the rain at Disneyland? Poncho or jacket?

3 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me if they only have Fantasmic on weekends since they often scale back entertainment during slower times. Also they have limited nights they are permitted to do fireworks due to city ordinances.

Depending on how bad the rain is, it’s usually ok with a jacket, but bring a poncho just in case. If it’s severe rain, you will probably get wet enough to need to change clothes, so bring extra and/or be prepared to do laundry.

3 Likes

If your trip is within 1-2 weeks and shows are only listed for weekends then I’d trust the calendar.

On the other hand, when it comes to the weather, there’s still plenty of time for it to change before your trip. Usually rain isn’t too strong in Anaheim, but it doesn’t hurt to be prepared if it’s the exceptional storm that does pour. For our rainiest days we’ve loved having a bunch of the cheap Amazon ponchos with us, an absorbent cloth of some kind to help wipe down surfaces (for us we usually end up using cooling cloths that come with us for the hot days, but double as a good absorbent cloth for rainy days too). Also, if your shoes get soggy, stuffing them with newspaper overnight will help dry them out. And the last piece of advice I have is if the rain is really getting bad especially if it’s midday, use that time to go back to the hotel for a few hours, rest & dry off. Even if the rain is still going, you’ll come back refreshed and could end up closing out a near empty park with lots of soggy park-goers leaving as you head back in.

3 Likes

From what I have seen, Fantasmic is only Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights.

3 Likes

One other rainy day tip, it would not hurt to have dining plans for an indoor place since sitting space, especially sheltered from the rain, will be a premium. Table service locations (that mostly have both indoor & outdoor dining) will not be able to take any walk-ups (especially if it’s rainy enough the outdoor seating isn’t usable for reservations). Quick service with indoor seating become the general gathering space for all people hanging out to wait out the rain, whether they buy any food or not so trying to eat during the storm will become a lot harder.

2 Likes

Added to the calendar for my weekdays in March now. Pros and cons to catching the 9pm vs 10:30pm (without dining package)? Which is easier to slip into a viewing spot closer to the start?

2 Likes

Later is always less crowded and easier to get into.

3 Likes

I second later showing always being easier to slip in. The early showing has people milling around as early as 6 to wait to be let in for a spot at the 9 showing. With the 10:30, they clear out the sections after FWs end (~9:50) & then after that allow people back in for 10:30 show. So it’s much less time commitment to show up just after FWs and find a spot.

ETA: Clarification on clearing out the Fantasmic! viewing sections. 9pm show ends at about 9:25 & then FWs start 5-10 min. later (or just projection show if it’s not a FWs night). They allow everyone to stay in their same spots to view the FW show projections on the same water screens as Fantasmic & if there are FWs scheduled you’ll see the bigger bursts going off in the distance. After the FWs show ends they then clear out the waterfront viewing areas from Fantasmic/FWs show viewers to then start fresh for the 10:30 Fantasmic show guests to enter.

2 Likes