Fanny Pack, Glasses and Hats - oh my!

From reading the forums, I understand that all rides allow you to bring your lanyard with tickets. And all rides prohibit backpacks/large purses.

I’m not clear about 1) prescription glasses 2) sunglasses 3) fanny packs 4) hats/caps. Which rides prohibit these things? I am particularly wondering about Hagrid’s Motorbike since we’d like to avoid those lockers if at all possible.

Thank you for any enlightenment!
Kiwi

1 Like

I’ve worn these on all rides without problem. I have a cord thingy that attaches to the glasses and basically straps them to my head. No-one has ever questioned my “right” to wear glasses. I always take my hat off on rides. Not worth the risk.

2 Likes

I have a three-pronged fanny pack I have taken on every trip and I’ve been able to keep it on on every ride except Hulk and RRR. I have yet to ride Hagrid’s, but I imagine that I would be able to wear it on there as well because it is small and can fit under my shirt. For photos, see this thread:

2 Likes

Do you put the hat in a locker?

No. I hold on to it, or sit on it. Or shove it under the seat or wherever.

Well, except for the compulsory locker rides.

2 Likes

I’m a hat sitter too, usually.

2 Likes

You guys are brave. I would be terrified it would come loose and fly off!

2 Likes

I lost a visor on a kiddie coaster at Hershypark. Not any of the big coasters. The stupid kiddie coaster!
If your hat isn’t fitted, you could put it on your arm through the hole in the back of the hat. I usually wear a Headsweats supervisor visor. Stretchy back, so I wrap it around my wrist on rides.

2 Likes

Reporting back - the small fanny pack was fine on the Hagrid ride. I also wore my glasses with a string and it felt pretty secure. One person in our party lost her sunglasses because she just hung them inside her shirt collar and they fell out. We went without hats! :laughing:

kiwi

2 Likes

Yikes to the sunglasses on the shirt collar! I had my phone in a zippered pocket and that was fine but I seriously felt like my earrings would fly off. (They didn’t.)

@Steenaca I think she was lured into a false sense of security since she rode in the sidecar on the first trip. :laughing: Glad you didn’t lose your earrings!

I was in the sidecar, too! My earrings were secured with a hook at the back so if they’d come out it would have been painful.

1 Like