"Family versus The Beasts" Trip Report (08/02/20 - 08/15/20)

I think there is a little extra delay for the ride photos now because they are screening out any where masks are not on correctly. Some of our ride photos took 48 hours to show up In MDE two weeks ago

2 Likes

I think memory maker is only available on Gold lvl APs and up

I have a Platinum.

2 Likes

Thats higher lvl than Gold.

You should be able to return it in the pop gift shop

1 Like

Good to know! Thanks.

My ride photos showed up. That was faster than expected!

3 Likes

It is time for bed. Leaving for Animal Kingdom by 7:30. Driving this time. Need to beat the heat as much as possible.

3 Likes

We have our first official CL 2 at any park, after reopening at MK on Saturday:

So TP crowd levels are based on wait times, correct?
How can it feel so crowded, yet wait times are apparently not that long?

3 Likes

Hope your day at AK is great!

All of the social distancing measures in place spreads the lines way out into the walkways- looks crowded, but the lines move fast.

7 Likes

If today was only a 2, I’d hate to see a 4 or 5! They may have to factor more into the crowd levels now that there are so many changes…attractions and restaurants not open, shorter hours, cleaning procedures, no FPP etc. It wasn’t terrible today, we got onto most of what we wanted to but only once per ride with exception of Splash. The extended lines out in the sun really do change the experience for the worse. I understand why they are doing it, but…with this heat I hope they keep reimagining better ways. Partial day at AK tomorrow for us and then a late afternoon flight home.

4 Likes

Wait times were long…some of the extended lines move quickly and some don’t. Sometimes they are moving quickly and then stop for cleaning for a prolonged time. We did multiple 30-45 minutes waits today which in pre-Covid days we almost never do. Some went quicker than quoted but some did not.

I’m sorry. :pray:

I’m a little disappointed that TP has not already factored in this. The post-covid data protocol should look nothing like pre-covid. The normal strategy is just not applicable any more.

At DLR (during non-Covid-19 times obviously) I prefer to go when it is a 5,6, or 7 vs a 1 or 2 because the parks seem to run smoother. The rides tend to be better staffed and running optimally. The lines are longer, but go faster. More food and entertainment options are open. Today at MK seems like when it is a 2 at DL.

4 Likes

I’m sorry about the long waits! That is definitely different than the days we were there.

1 Like

Good morning! Heading to AK soon…but wanted to show a picture of the other mask I have when I don’t feel comfortable relying on the muslin one you see me with in the photos this far. My wife sewed this one for me. Made of bamboo and cotton. Two layers.

11 Likes

It takes a month or more of data collection before the algorithms can accurately pick up a pattern and make more accurate predictions.
So all you Liners visiting the parks need to submit wait times to speed it along!! :wink:

5 Likes

And also? After seeing multiple reliable sources say the parks were fully booked yesterday and then suddenly availability was there, I’m wondering if they tried increasing capacity yesterday. If so, FAIL imo.

2 Likes