"Family versus The Beasts" Trip Report (08/02/20 - 08/15/20)

Based on current tracking, it should be north of Orlando by the afternoon of the 2nd, so it shouldn’t have too much of an effect on your plans.

4 Likes

It seems to be that DW is the hero of this story, and the narrator of the story needs to pull his weight more.

12 Likes

At least he’s honest: “but with the rare aid of her husband”.

5 Likes

Chapter Two - Total Domination

In which masks are readied, and a droid at the ready

Tensions mounted as the family made last minute preparations for the cross-country journey. Their house was riddled with signs that something was about to happen, and even the most oblivious of on-lookers would be able to see the family had no intention of staying put.

In addition, the family was ready to face COVID head-on if necessary in a match of wits and masks!

DS10, foreseeing the danger they were facing, decided now was the time to plan for his own protection. Despite his love of his family, they were still frail human beings, susceptible to the powers of COVID. But he knew they weren’t his only hope. No, there was another… in the form of a droid. And so, summoning the magic of MDE, he was able to secure a time slot at the Droid Depot so that, when all may look dire, a new kind of hero may arise! A BB unit.

Meanwhile, COVID remained as unrelenting as ever. However, Isaias, while growing stronger by the minute, continued to change its track. It now seemed as though Isaias wasn’t sure it wanted to support COVID’s desire of total domination.

19 Likes

Oh, don’t you fret. The husband (how did you know the husband was the narrator???) will rise at just the right moment and demonstrate his strengths.

5 Likes

Yay! Your wife is getting to use her bag you got her!

4 Likes

Kudos to you for noticing!

1 Like

Keep us updated on the drive too! (Not while you’re driving of course …)

3 Likes

Chapter 3 - Trouble Ahead

In which a puzzle is assembled and plans are modified

With the family packed, food bagged up, items for the cooler segregated, and lists checked and double checked, a new problem presented itself.

It seemed that the family failed to realize their van did not come equipped with an undetectable extensibility charm! The husband found himself flummoxed as to how he was going to get everything to fit.

First attempt…

But still had this to go…

So…another attempt, and then another, before the puzzle, after hours of effort, came together.

This, however, still presented a problem, for upon arrival to Florida, the family was due to pick up the DS22 and DDIL…with their additional luggage. What were they going to do? It seemed the family’s trip from MCO to Universal Resort might be doomed before they even leave! There’s definitely trouble ahead!

17 Likes

Do you have any space under the seats?

1 Like

Yes…but it is filled up. Completely! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Then my only solution is to stop at the hotel before picking up people from the airport.

4 Likes

Yay, it’s here!

The only solution I have, has to do with floor space. How big is your youngest and how big is the luggage? Is there space to put a piece of luggage on floor and feet on top?

So excited for your trip!

2 Likes

Can’t wait for your update on Laundry Day considering all the luggage !! :innocent:

2 Likes

Oh this luggage thing -
In 2015 we last minutes borrowed a hitch hauler because our practice run proved painful. We now own our own.
Then in 2019 I test packed a friend’s minivan bc I knew getting 7 people’s luggage into a rental van was Going to be hard.

Big family luggage woes are real.

5 Likes

Helpful hint: you’ve got too much stuff!

Shame you don’t have a luggage rack.

Or a hitch. So much easier with a small uhaul trailer . . .

2 Likes

It’s only a 7 person van. With luggage etc. for a week, it quickly becomes a 5 person van. :rofl:

Yes. Our old 12-passenger Was great for moving people, but had barely any room for luggage. Our new 12-passenger has a ton of room for luggage, but they stole it from leg room. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Doesn’t need to be a trailer. You’d be surprised how much one of these holds:

5 Likes

We have one !

I had to convince the karate team that one of those was a good idea. And they were only borrowing mine! I think we had 13 or 14 in a 15 passenger van. Personal luggage wasn’t the problem - it was the huge gear bags for each of the competitors.

1 Like