Fall and Holiday free meal plans deals posted...not the first week of December?

We planned our WDW trip for first week of December for the historically low crowd levels that week of the year. But now that the fall and holiday free dining plans have dropped, I can’t help but notice that the deals exclude this week. Does this mean that Disney is expecting high crowd levels for this week due to Star Wars opening a ride that week? Would we be better off changing our dates to the second week of December (if we can find room availability) to get the deal and avoid the (maybe anticipated) crowds? And if the crowd calendar shows higher volume that second week, does that just mean it Star Wars crowds haven’t been priced in? Free meals are nice…but I mainly just want less crowd chaos with the toddlers that we’ll have in tow…

My guess is with Thanksgiving being Nov 28th and the RotR opening Dec 5th they may be expecting/hoping for higher crowds that week

1 Like

Also isn’t that first week usually Pop Warner? That fills A LOT of rooms!

1 Like

Pop Warner starts that Friday (12/6).

Ah ok. I knew it was sometime around then.

1 Like

What is Pop Warner?

Pop Warner National Cheer & Dance Championships

Client Event

December 6 – December 14, 2019

Teammates stand behind a cheerleader and shake their pom-poms, making her appear to have several arms

The 2019 Pop Warner National Cheer & Dance Championships with take place December 6th through the 14th at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.

PARTICIPANTS

Girls

AGE GROUPS

Youth

COMPETITION

Championship

Benefits of Competing Here >Pricing & Info >

Has the football portion stopped?

Thanks

This makes it sound like the football part is still going on:

https://www.popwarner.com/championships

Certainly there were large groups of tween boys when we were at Pop that time last year.

1 Like

Thank you for the replies! With pop warner starting on 12/6 and the star wars ride opening 12/5, I think we’ll keep our reservation which extends from 12/1-12/6 and hope for the best.

Taking a closer look at the the crowd calendar for throughout the fall, I think the new star wars attractions have been priced into the crowds as HWS consistently looks busier than the other parks.

Star Wars isn’t really our thing so we’ll probably avoid it, but with our little ones, we hope the Toy Story attractions aren’t too busy to enjoy!