Extra Magic Hours April 2020

Hey Liners!

Headed to WDW the last week of April, about to start FP selection soon, I was wondering if you could tell me your opinion on avoiding EMH Parks. Looking at doing 2 of our 6 days at parks with EMH and wanted to see if we are crazy! Ha!

Six to one, half dozen to the other. While people avoid EMH days if staying off site, the statistics don’t support the practice really. Enough people avoid that park, it sends crowds to the other parks, which then makes those lines longer.

Do what works, and don’t spend a lot of time worrying about EMH…UNLESS you are planning to rope drop something significant. Even then, the RD crowd using EMH will get the ride out of the way, so it may not really matter.

Personally I would never go to a park that has morning EMH if I couldn’t be part of it. I love my rope drop and that would ruin it. I wouldn’t particularly avoid evening EMH if it really worked with my plan to do that park on that particular day.

We do what works for us.

Sometimes that lands us in an EMH park

Sometimes it doesn’t.

What matters more, for us, is having a good plan that takes all of our wishes into account.

AND, we cannot at this point do many RD in our trips or our teens get all out of sorts. So we definitely do not RD for AM EMH.

I avoid MK with EMH until evening, I haven’t noticed that much of a difference with the others (disclaimer: have not been since RotR opening)z Personally I love evening EMH too.