Extra Half Day at EP or AK?

We have a 6 day trip with the first and last days being half days. I wanted to start the trip at MK, and each park will get a full day, but I can’t decide what park to pick for the last half day . Background: it’s our first trip, DH and I with our 2 year old son. We’d have to leave around 1. Would you rather have another half day to explore World Showcase and eat more snacks or get to ride KS twice (1 sunset/1 morning) and more time to see the animal trails?

That’s a hard one, really. I would think your DS2 would appreciate the animals at AK more than the World Showcase. It’s hard though, because WS is our favorite place at WDW!

1 Like

WS doesn’t open till 11 except Norway and the bakery in France. So on that basis I’d pick AK.

2 Likes

I totally forgot that…

2 Likes

Yeah, the 11 am WS time is making me lean towards AK. We would do Nemo again and spend more time in the aquarium and FP rider switch Soarin before eating in France. But having to find something to do until 11 is a major downside compared to AK.

Another option is to do another half day at MK. It would be all repeat rides by that point with some additional diversions like the trolley show and possibly Crystal Palace breakfast if I think DS2 can sit still long enough to enjoy it. I’d be fine canceling that though.

1 Like

You could also work WS into your full EP day, visit the rides you missed in futureworld on your 1/2 day, plus maybe a few countries after 11.

Last trip (with 4 & 6 yr olds) we skipped WS entirely, spent 3 days in MK. 2Mk would have been enough, for sure. Wish we’d done 2 days in EP-2MK-1AK-1HS.

1 Like

What about doing EP first this way WS would be open and you could explore more and end your trip with a half day at MK.

I thought about starting with Epcot, but I’ll be there in January and I wasn’t sure I would enjoy WS as much after sunset (6 pm). Is it lit well enough to appreciate the details of the buildings?

Epcot seems lit up better than some of the other parks. To me, anyway. I thought MK and AK were very dark.

2 Likes

I think I’m going to keep the Crystal Palace ADR for that day and get FP for AK so I have options and can choose once we’re on the trip. Thanks everyone!

The nice thing about having this half day at the end of the trip is you’ll have optioms. You can always change your mind in the moment. You’ll know by the end of the trip what you want to see more of. Based in the two you gave , hard choice for me. But it may be clear to you by the end of your week. Good luck!

1 Like