Extended Hours at Magic Kingdom

I am trying to pick the best day to take my 5 year old to Magic Kingdom. Do you think I should go Friday or Saturday?

Friday: Crowd Level “6” according to Touringplans, and the park is open to from 9 am to 9 pm.

Saturday: Crowd Level “6” according to Touringplans, and the park is open to 8 am to 2 am (for resort guests).

I am tempted to go on Saturday to take advantage of all the extra hours, but cannot imagine that it wouldn’t be a mad house. He’s a night owl, so we can stay fairly late (11 pm). Everything I’ve read says to AVOID the extra magic hours because they draw such huge crowds. Having said that, the crowd level is “6” for both days.

I would appreciate any opinions!

When predicting the CLs they folks at TP have already taken into account the effect of the EMH, so the “6” on Saturday shouldn’t be any busier than the “6” on Friday at peak times. That being said, the general consensus is to avoid EMH parks unless you are going to take advantage of the extra hours.

When planning park days I looks at my schedule as a whole. Are there better options for other parks on either of those days? For example, is on Friday all the other parks are “5” or “6”, but on Saturday AK is a “3”, I would be inclined to go to MK on Friday and AK on Saturday.