Extended Evening Theme Park Hours?

How hard is it going to be to get park reservations for those parks on those days? Also will eligible guests be guaranteed entry for those evening hours if they have an AP or hopper or could they possibly get shut out due to capacity caps? Ridiculous.

1 Like

Agreed. And no, I donā€™t think itā€™s enough of a perk for ANYONE to give up hundreds of dollars for, and Iā€™m just guessing here, an extra hour or two of park time.

Iā€™m still seriously agitated over the death of DME.

I also donā€™t understand the point of getting ā€œbig spendersā€ into Disney, either. I canā€™t imagine they can possibly bring in enough repeatedly year over year. These people donā€™t develop the loyalty that a lowly poor person (me) does because weā€™re NOT used to the level of customer service we experienced here because we never have enough money to put out for it. If I always had a service that always drives me everywhere and takes care of my flight complications, DME wouldā€™ve been a laughable thing. But since I didnā€™t, it kinda floored me.

When you have tons of cash and youā€™re constantly going to 5-star places, Disney probably seems pretty low rent.

I mean, look at this, weā€™re given, as you described, ā€œscrapsā€ and people are losing their minds over it in happiness. Can you imagine someone flush with cash giving the same reaction?

7 Likes

When companies are beholden to Wall Street shareholders this is the garbage you get. All they think about is the ROI for the investors.

Disney will eventually step up the perks once guest satisfaction gets so low they have to pay attention. Chapek is just another bland, boring, non-creative guy who succeeded by being sufficiently bland and boring and non-creative to get to the top. Bleh.

5 Likes

I was watching some documentary on Disney+ about the history of the company and it was fascinating to me how things at the company changed based on who was at the top. The way they presented the show almost in eras. If Iā€™m remembering correctly, the times the company thrived was when there was a strong financial guy and a strong creative guy working together, constantly having to compromise with each other. Itā€™s the kind of company that needs creativity at all levels. When I grow up, Iā€™ll be the CEO and fix it. Donā€™t you worry. :wink:

8 Likes

To be fair, disney has been public for a while. So itā€™s not a direct line of cause and effect. But the Chapek description part: nuttinā€™ but net.

Yeah, I picked that up too. Clearly thereā€™s no one creative (orā€¦yā€™knowā€¦human)having an influence right now. :frowning:

7 Likes

Well thatā€™s just great. We like closing the park down at HS and MK. Now I gotta worry about the Disneyā€™s higher tiers of people getting later hours. Iā€™m so glad this will be our last trip for a long time. And it will more than likely be our last on-site trip.

3 Likes

I am excited for this perk! I agree that it is reasonable to have different perks for different tiers of hotels- Universal does this right?

Does anyone know if this perk includes DVC rentals?

1 Like

It said Deluxe Villas and rentals are still villas. So I think youā€™re fine. And I agree with you. Everyone is getting all four parks of mornings now so they donā€™t have to compete with everyone else for the same park and Deluxes get evenings. In addition I have been renting lately and I get deluxes at moderate prices. I donā€™t pay $700/night more like half that. So I think there are ways to work it if youā€™ll just insure your dvc rental and be okay with OKW or SS and itā€™s not too outrageous.

1 Like

It should, yes. Because youā€™re staying at a ā€œDeluxe Villaā€

2 Likes

I know Disney has been public for a while. My point was that in this current era of the institutional Wall Street investors itā€™s all ROI RIGHT NOW. Think of the rise of private equity companies going in and raiding companies for the profitable parts, driving them into the ground, then either just declaring the company bankrupt or draining every last bit of value out of them and selling off the scraps. Itā€™s never about actually attempting to fix a company or make it better. Thereā€™s nothing about quality. Itā€™s all how much money can be made from this thing right this second.

2 Likes

This statement takes for granted that DAH are still going to be a thing going forward. (Outside if the holiday events like Boo Bash.)

2 Likes

The extra hour at night- there still is no reason for me to buy direct DVC, right?

2 Likes

The last eighteen months have been a real rollercoaster ride (lol) for me so far as WDW is concerned.

Iā€™ve learned a couple of things, though. First, DLP is awesome and so much easier to get to than WDW. And, though it is expensive, I can vacation there much more cheaply than I can WDW. Second, Disney holidays arenā€™t the only holidays in the world. There are other places I can spend my money.

One of these is cruising. Those big cruise ships look awesome. I canā€™t wait to see for myself in a few weeks time.

But compare and contrast.

When I booked my DCL cruise I got a very strong vibe that ā€” as a first-time cruiser ā€” I was a second-class citizen so far as Disney was concerned. It didnā€™t feel friendly or welcoming at all. It was all, ā€œHey, you! Back of the line. If thereā€™s any scraps available, you can come sniff them out later.ā€

When I booked my MSC cruise there was none of this. Repeat customers do get perks ā€” free meals in speciality restaurants ā€” and rich people get awesome perks: huge rooms with private hot-tubs. But itā€™s not in-you-face like with DCL.

I ended up cancelling the DCL cruise. For a variety of reasons. A big part of it was not feeling particularly excited about the cruise ā€” well, after the initial buzz. Oh, and it was wildly more expensive than the MSC cruise, which also includes gratuities in the headline price and offers drinks packages at a variety of levels.

If you treat people differently, they get pissed. So you have to be careful how you do it. In particular, donā€™t rub their noses in it. Members of Club 33 get mind-blowing perks and privileges. But youā€™d never know. Almost no-one knows it even exists and thereā€™s no way to tell that someone is using one of their 16 totally unlimited FPPs. The clubhouses are so discrete, youā€™d never know they were there.

The MSC cabins with private hot-tubs are just that. Private. I donā€™t have to look at the rich people in their private hot-tub from behind a glass screen.

So what happens on a Deluxe tier night at gen-pop closing? Hoi polloi get swept out while the GF and Poly types wave some magic card that grants them entry? ā€œYouā€™re only staying at CSR, sir? Oh dear. The exitā€™s that way. Donā€™t let the door hit you on your way out.ā€

Honestly, if I didnā€™t have flight vouchers I basically have to use next summer, Iā€™m not even sure Iā€™d be thinking about coming back to WDW. I donā€™t mean ever. But, Iā€™d maybe leave it a few years. Like I say, DLP is pretty awesome (and getting better as they are building new stuff). And I might be becoming a cruise bore soon.

The ā€œgreatā€ think about having been banned from your country for so long is that Iā€™ve kinda forgotten what WDW is like. Iā€™ve done my cold turkey. Iā€™m over it. Iā€™ve moved on. Chapek better be careful how many people he sneers at and drives away. He may need them again one day but they might not come back.

Oh, and enough with the IP already. I know some of you are Marvel nuts, but it means nothing to me and I really donā€™t care about it. And, whatever it is, itā€™s not Disney.

9 Likes

It says extended hours, I didnā€™t read it was just an hour.

But no, not yet anyway. Since cash guests would also qualify I donā€™t see them making it blue card only.

I wonder what closing time they will decide for the parks. Will it go back to their old closing times? MK closing at 9? 9-11. Not a perk for anyone with small children. Also how will they do MK with parties almost every night of the week?

Anyone spot this: Disney also shared that Guests will find special Disney characters dressed for the 50th, in their EARidescent best, as they stop by select Walt Disney World Resort Hotels.

1 Like

Which is honestly not really news bc I saw them doing this in November and in March.
And it was only the deluxes I saw them at, but I did hear they went to GDT.

1 Like

This may be obvious (I never visited during extra hours before): how on earth would this be enforced? In other words, how does Disney get only Deluxe guests to stay in a park during the evening and have everyone else exit? Seems like a logistics nightmare but Iā€™m imagining it was done before with on property vs offā€¦.

1 Like

My point was that they are appearing only at some hotels. Which? The Deluxes? ā€œDaddy, when will we see Mickey Mouse?ā€ ā€œSorry, son. Daddy couldnā€™t afford that. But we are allowed to look at the Castle from behind this glass screen, slightly off-centre, and only between 1pm and 2.15pm.ā€

2 Likes

Usually in the after hours type things, you have to tap in to every ride and it will reject you if youā€™re not supposed to be there.

2 Likes