Extended Evening Hours

Are Extended Evening Hours any good? Is MK much less busy and are rides easier to “do”? We’ll be there 9th Aug. I know EEH are only open to “Deluxe” guests but that doesn’t mean it won’t be busy…. I think?
Any opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks

2 Likes

Deluxe evenings are low crowd evenings. Since there is more to do, I would always do MK deluxe hours

1 Like

Another Liner, @ryan1, here just got back from a Extra Hours Event event for DHS a couple weeks ago. It looked like a blast and had very low waits. I’m posting his trip report. I’ve bookmarked where his DHS evening began…

Actually, it was a Moonlight Magic event…aka After Hours. We didn’t do the extended evening hours, even though we intended to, in December either. So I can’t comment.

2 Likes

I kinda figured one event is practically the same as another… I hope it will give some kind of on-the-ground report from an after hours style event :smiley:

1 Like

At Christmas it was worth it. At the very least it gives you a couple of free bonus hours in the park. Whether you use it to do 3-4 of the headliners even if the lines are longish (vs really long during the day) or walk on several rides is up to you.

MK is 100% worth it. Epcot is hit or miss as so much of Epcot is not rides, and that part is closed. And the small number of rides can have long waits.

2 Likes

100% agree with this! We did the deluxe resort late night hours at Epcot and found the lines to be way too long for the rides we wanted to do.

1 Like

We hopped in line at Test Track right at the start of the extended hours and the line wasn’t bad. But when we got out the line was so long. We left after that.

We just did Epcot EEH and MK EEH last week. Epcot was rough. 55 minute wait for TT and 60 for FEA and Remy. Basically all we did was GOTG with our evening BG and we had to wait 45 minutes for that. We got much more done in the last hour the park was open for regular hours than we did at EEH.

Usually MK EEH is better because there are more rides and the wait times are less. However, the only things we accomplished were Buzz and TRON. Now riding TRON at night was 100% worth it (despite the almost hour wait with our BG).

3 Likes

I’m so not a night person since…rope dropper. Last fall, we just did GOTG at Epcot right at 9 and cut out. We were too tired to go to the MK one :rofl:

It was like yes, we can finally take advantage…and did not.

2 Likes

We did both MK and Epcot this week and it’s worth it unless you do the 6pm VQ because then you spend the whole time in line for Gaurdians/Tron. It was worth it for the extra “free” chance to ride but left little time for anything else.

1 Like

We did Epcot deluxe hours this week and spent an hour at Guardians. A year ago we practically walked on during deluxe hours. Going to try MK tonight. Didn’t work out for us last year as our youngest got too tired so we left before it started.

3 Likes

I’ll be excited to se how it went! The consensus about Epcot events is there isn’t enough to do so the queues fill. Plus, it’s so spread out that it makes backtracking so much harder at Epcot…

Last night during MK deluxe hours DS15 and DS12 rode space mountain while DH and I rode Big thunder. Then we went to Tron for our BG and the wait was 45 min. By the time we got off it was almost 1:00 so we headed out. So if anyone planning to do Tron during that time, don’t expect to get a bunch of other rides done unless you choose ones that are walk on like Dumbo.

2 Likes

Yep!

Yeah… that’s what I thought…Tron is my “must-do” at MNSSHP. I guess I won’t plan on much of anything else once the party starts. I’m going to be there before 4pm. I’ll do a couple things until 6:30pm - 7pm…

Maybe I’ll hang out in Tomorrowland and do all those rides… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Has anyone done these lately? Planning on Epcot tomorrow and MK Wednesday.

My thought is to avoid the E-ticket attractions for the most part…

Monday - Soarin, Moana, Mission Space, and then TT or Frozen if lines are ok.

Wednesday - all of Tomorrowland (minus TRON) and all of Fantasyland (minus PP and 7DMT). Anything we run out of time for won’t be devastating.

I figure quickly jumping from short line to short line will keep our energy level high enough to stay up late. If we get in a 45 minute line people are going to crash. Thoughts?

We did both a few weeks ago. Epcot is difficult because the rides are far apart. We did Remy and GOTG and that was it. Your plan sounds much better. MK evening hours are great. Just a heads up in case it’s important to you, PM isn’t open during deluxe evening hours.

2 Likes

You don’t need to skip headliners, especially later in the night. SDMT was posted 30 and I waited 8 minutes at 10:30 the night I went, SM was a walk on at 11.

4 Likes