Express Passes Needed Now at Universal Orlando?

It will help, when we left The Three Broomsticks at 3:30pm (We waited an hour and took about an hour to eat so we arrived around 1:30pm) the line was no longer around the back. However, there was still a line. I suggest what @shawthorne44 suggested. You’ll save time eating at a kiosk, outside the park or just go ahead and book Mythos (which I tried to do Day of when I saw the line for Three Broomsticks but only times 3 hours off).

1 Like

Another suggestion is you don’t need to wait in line for an outside table at The Three Broomsticks…but you’ll have to go inside and show a cast member your order number which I suppose you are supposed to still wait in line for. We didn’t know this but you could have everyone grab an outdoor table while just one person waits to put in the order and pick it up inside and then comes outside and meets ya’ll.

1 Like

Off times would help, of course. The lines seemed longish all the time though. But, then if I am eating at 3pm, I get annoyed at any line.

Although, when we went they were still figuring out that mobile ordering Q.S. thing. There were limited tables because of social distancing. You’d wait for a table and then when you sat down they’d come by and write your mobile order# down on a little piece of paper with your table#. Getting the food to your table wasn’t efficient, which meant we sat there taking up a table longer than necessary. Maybe they figured that out since then.

If they are still doing the same thing when we go in May, we will do one table service reservation for lunch like at Mythos or that seafood place. Then eat snacks in park the rest of the time.

Also, with limited hours, that leaves more time for eating outside the park.

2 Likes

Oh man, at Three Broomsticks after waiting in an hour long line and being sat inside (we wanted to eat outside) noone told us what to do. So we just sat there for a few minutes before I went up and asked someone. We had made our mobile order and were just sitting there not knowing we were supposed to show someone. I asked them “We’d like to eat outside, can we wait outside for our food or do we need to wait inside and then take it outside?” To which they replied we never had to wait for the outdoor tables (implying what I thought meant we didn’t have to wait in the hour long line…sigh) and that we could just show them where we were eating outside and they’d bring us our mobile order. So we go sit outside and we wait and we wait and they bring us the wrong drinks. So we go tell them and they come back with the right drinks. We wait and wait some more and they bring us the wrong food. So we wait and wait some more…all said and done we spent two hours there I believe. Insanity. You could most definitely have left the park and eaten a much better table service meal in that amount of time.

When I was a teen, mom had gallbladder surgery and was in the hospital at Thanksgiving. Dad and I went to Luby’s to have dinner. The line was lonnnggggggggg. We were doing to-go. We got to the front and learned that the delay was the tables and we could have ordered at the cash register.
Makes a funny memory now.

1 Like

yup but I was soooo hungry and cranky by the time the right food arrived that day. It kind of shot me for the rest of the day and I just dragged on until 7pm in a daze. I though eating at 1:30pm would be towards the end of lunch and maybe we’d wait 30 min. And after we were seated outside a different server told us we were not supposed to have food delivered outside so it was frustrating the rules weren’t clear. I wrote a scathing review when they sent us the email saying how they did so I hope they fixed it.

I’m sorry about your gallbladder surgery. That happened to my mom recently and it didn’t sound fun. Although at least as a teen mom you wouldn’t have missed the alcohol that my mom had to while her liver learned to pick up the slack. I guess what we can learn from these experiences is we need to ask up front before getting in lines and assuming stuff.

But I would expect a big place like Universal to have directions posted or explained by a cast member at the end of the line with their little sign. We had to people where the line ended because there was no cast member for the restaurant line and it wrapped around the back porch and out by the bathrooms. Hard to tell what was what.

1 Like

Yeah, I might have to watch the outdoor tables if things are crazy. Hopefully things won’t be super busy, but we’ll plan for the worst and hope for the best!

1 Like

Man, that is a terrible experience! I hope that UOR will have learned by the time we go. Still, if things are really crowded, we can’t expect perfection. But hopefully Mobile Order will at least be smoother like you said.

Yeah, we are going to do Sat/Sun in CityWalk for dinner. We’ve got reservations already set up. So that takes care of those busy days for dinner.

1 Like