Express Pass during Early Entry?

Someone on a DISboards forum was saying this recently:
“Since EPs do not work for EE (not sure when that started but affected us on our trip last month), you can still find yourself in a long line for FJ or Gringotts.”

Can anyone confirm whether or not this is currently true? If I can’t use my Express Pass in the Wizarding World during Early Entry, then I will have some re-planning to do. I’m gonna be there during the end of March, so I’d have a hard time believing that FJ and Gringotts rides would not be accepting EP’s for Early Entry during that time.

1 Like

In my experience this is true. UXP queues and single rider (during “normal” times) are not open during EE.

I haven’t been at all since 2019 due to COVID, but I have seen reports from Sept. 2020 that this was still the case.

If you get to EE about 30 - 45 minutes before EE starts, even during peak times, the queues at WWOHP aren’t terrible - probably the same as the UXP queue would be after the park opens to all.

5 Likes

The 2021 Unofficial Guide to UOR says this is the case. They didn’t have a special COVID note about that policy, so it is possible it has been modified and the guide simply failed to note it. But I would presume it is the case unless you hear confirmation otherwise.

1 Like

We have never been able to use Express Pass during EE (haven’t been there since Covid) but if you are there before RD, you should have lower waits and actually get to see the amazing queues that you’d miss using EP.

5 Likes

As others have stated, this is true. You can’t use the Express Park during the early entry hours. But the lines are not long at that time. We just walked onto rides until the crowds started building up around the actual park opening. We didn’t try for Hagrid’s though - rather we just waited until we could score a virtual line. It does make for early mornings though! If memory serves, two out of three days we were at the park gate before 7:00am… :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Thank you all for the good information. I’m motivating my family to be out the door of our hotel room at PBH at 5:30am. It’s 7am Early Entry when we’re there. My family thinks I’m crazy, but they’ll thank me later lol

2 Likes

If IOA is the EA park, do a fast walk to Hagrid’s. That isn’t an EP ride anyway.

3 Likes

That might be a little over kill and CityWalk might not even be open at that point.

2 Likes

Heard. I just figured that leaving hotel at 5:30 would get me to the guard gates nearest to HRH at around 6am, which is when the security checks would start I’ve been told. Then the small walk from the security check would put me at the IOA turnstiles at around 6:10am, 50 minutes before early entry at 7am. Trying to hit Hagrid’s first and then Olivander’s immediately after that.