Every. Time

Just cannot anymore hear “I Can Go the Distance” without tearing up.

Still so proud to be a 1%er :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I gotta ask. What is a 1%er in this context?

Marathoner.

Less than 1% of the population worldwide has ever completed a marathon

2 Likes

It is going to be my personal theme this year. Planning to do either the half or the full in Herc attire

4 Likes

Nice! Can’t wait to see what you cook up.

I’m hoping its going to be something pretty special this year, but work and kids activities are really taking off like a rocket, so I’m not sure how much time I’ll have to put into this. We are going on our Wish trip in December, staying at GKTW and I’m running Dopey for them. I’m talking with their PR team to see if there is something we can do to capitalize the opportunity: a Wish family running the WDW marathon a month after their wish trip. I’ll definitely be posting on here about it at some point soon.

3 Likes

I keep thinking “Almost There” to be completely under utilized as a Run Disney anthem.

1 Like

It’s on my playlist if that counts, and it was worked in so that it would come up at the end of the marathon. :slight_smile: I build my playlists with intention.

The lyrics work really well with it - “people down here think I’m crazy, but I don’t care” :laughing:

Absolutely. The whole thing works, I think, as a great lead up to the actual event too. I had started an animation based on it, but I haven’t gotten very far with it.

Maybe once I’m done entering this contest thingy, I’ll be able to get back to it.

1 Like

That sounds cool actually!

Contest thingy
Frozen chicks
Almost There animation

You have some work to do! :wink:

1 Like

I agree.

A perfectly place speaker during the last Marathon had a strangle hold on my emotions. It was the culmination of getting through the 22 weeks of training, running 22.3 miles over the 3 previous days, having extremely tired and sore leg muscles, and having mental doubts that I could actually get through the marathon on day 4.

Who knew Hercules could cause such a mess. I am forever now tied emotionally to that song.

…pass me a tissue.

2 Likes

Hugs :smiley:

1 Like