Every Mile will be Worth our While - A Trip Report?

I had the same reaction, but the PG13 version.

1 Like

I’m knocking on wood for you as well.

Feel better soon!

2 Likes

To borrow the words of a friend of mine (and @OBNurseNH’s): too sweet, needs more booze.

4 Likes

After two weeks at WDW and Universal, 13 days in the 6 parks, I sort of expected that at the end, I might be missing home and feeling that there was definitely too much of a good thing.

But honestly, even with the heat, crowds, G+ etc., nope.
Non-park days were nice but never felt like a necessity.
I could seriously enjoy strolling down Main Street everyday; downing a Dole Whip and keeping my various limbs inside some vehicle.

33 Likes

I’m not surprised.

But Nautilus.
(I’m presuming at that price point, you get to keep the glass)

1 Like

Captain Canuck :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

I was there with two friends, and one (somewhat to my surprise as we’d been out on the Tiki Terrace much of the evening) of them wanted a Nautilus. They took maybe one sip each and then left it for me. It was all I could do to finish it because it was heavy on peach Schnapps (or something peach). Despite having had most of it, I wasn’t allowed to contribute to the tab so I don’t know how much it was. We didn’t keep the mug. They might’ve been out of stock at the time, which happens in cycles.

3 Likes

When I wore it to EPCOT, the CM at Security asked me " is Capt Canuck super sorry?"

I told him “always”

ETA: I used to have the premiere issue of Capt Canuck. I think it was in the summer of '75, I went to the general store at a KOA hoping for X-Men or something mainstream and ended up with that instead. No idea what happened to it or if there’s any collector value to it, but sometimes at conventions I’ll nose through comic bins for it.

5 Likes

Some notes about my Trip - Hotel Transfers

We did three internal Disney transfers on this trip. 6, 9 and 8 bags. Sometimes we just used shopping bags and we sent the droids in the backpacks they sell for them.

None of them were problematic. All of them arrived in the late afternoon without fanfare.

Next time, I wouldn’t plan on changing resorts as often as we did but I wouldn’t think twice or worry about getting my luggage.

5 Likes

It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s Captain Canuck! :joy: Love your t-shirt.

2 Likes

Note about my Trip - Best Resort

Polynesian.

I know, I know, AKL Jambo. That was incredible and the food was great.
Still, we all agreed it was more like an attraction than accommodation and if we had to choose one resort to spend a trip at, AKL’s location knocked it out of contention.

Beach Club was very nice but Stormalong Bay only kept us a little more amused than any other Disney pool.

Boardwalk… none of us were terribly smitten by it. I’m sure there’s a measure of charm that is entirely lost on us and maybe it resonates for somebody.

Note: Portofino was great and really with the Express Pass included… it’s a no-brainer. But unless we’re spending the bulk of our time at Universal, it cannot be ranked 1st.

11 Likes

Another note

It’s perfectly reasonable and acceptable for three people to walk beside each other in a theme park…

…providing the one in the middle has a sucking chest wound, and the firefighter’s carry would spill Dole Whip.

Aside from that specific scenario, NO.

Walk in single file and under no circumstances attempt to carry on conversations with the people behind you
That’s why Walt gave us queues: to re-acquaint ourselves with other members of our party, check hydration/sunburns, remind ourselves what they were wearing should we be separated, try to recall why we brought them etc.

It is permissible for you to walk beside another member of your party if they’re a small child/husband and you need to take them by the hand.

27 Likes

In California Adventure last week, @Wahoohokie and I passed a group of at least 10 people and they were walking at least five abreast! I had to admire their chutzpah as our group of 2 had to go single file and squeeze around them. :joy:

10 Likes

Thanks, I’ll have to wear it if I ever get over to Avengers Campus

1 Like

OMG right? The people walking 10 abreast – and then worse than that, stopping suddenly to rifle through the stroller or review the map — absolutely makes me bonkers.

10 Likes

Wow 5.
That just puzzles the heck out of me.
How can people be that clueless?

4 Likes

Really…can’t that be said about most things?

“What do you think of the frosted flakes?”

4 Likes

6 Likes

Nope. To me, that’s the first characteristic of a really good bartender: he or she understands that a bigger pour can ruin a drink more often than not. A really good drink is a balance of all its ingredients. Yes, tastes change over time, and we seem - particularly within the WDW bubble - to be creeping towards the too-sweet again. Sweet in and of itself isn’t bad. I’d consider most of the drinks on the bluezoo menu to be sweet, but I could go for most of them.

Suddenly stopping in the middle of a walkway is a pet peeve for me. Move over people.

8 Likes