Every Mile will be Worth our While - A Trip Report?

We met her back in 2014. We had been playing that Phin and Ferb thing, which back in those days did not work super smooth. And I was on my last nerve (I believe I’ve shared that pic here before).

Anyway it was as if WDW realized “Uh oh! Magic needed STAT!”

And out walked Mulan. And it was as if we were in a bubble with shields up and nobody else saw her for the longest time and we had her all to ourselves for a while.

10 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes

Nice Disney Point btw.

DH teases me mercilessly when I do it on our trips.

13 Likes

Can we all send THIS to Disney as a survey?

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

And points to everyone who noticed

2 Likes

Fine. Sigh. TWSS.

4 Likes

Before leaving EPCOT, we visited Bambi’s butterfly garden.

That was nice.

5 Likes

Were 90% of them at the top trying to escape? That’s how it was a few weeks ago, but I remember other years they were all over.

2 Likes

Thanks. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I don’t recall seeing them bunched up at the ceiling, they were flittering around us and landed on some ppl.

2 Likes

Then we were off to Adventureland having stacked an LL for JC overlapped by an LL for POTC.

That was trickier to get because not only did you have to wait for the later times but drops during the late morning seemed to reset the window.

And really it’s a PITA to keep checking your phone for return times. Especially since there’s a good chance the person staring at their phone is the one everyone else is trying to follow.

8 Likes

I was TWSS for your response too.

“I was waiting for someone to do it”.

That’s also what she said :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Brilliant!

3 Likes

I wish I had the photo still of Mulan at Akershus in 2012 with the kid and my cousin’s son. Both karate kids. All 3 were comparing karate stances.

I thought that was a really cool Mulan. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Kung Fu fighting Mulan is the best Mulan

4 Likes

Honestly, I have no clue how ppl can run away doing the Genie fiddle-faddle, note and report on times and windows and get awesome pics and post them all at the same time.
That’s superhero level stuff
Capes. Capes to you all.

Anyway, presuming anyone was wondering, our Thursday afternoon/evening exploration of Adventureland shifted from POTC to a neat little place for vittles…

(And again, clearly I relied on other members of the party to snap some pics. They’re out there somewhere)

But the vittles themselves?
My pork tenderloin was immense and tasty

DW’s fish was fine and the lemon grass broth was much to her liking

and DD28’s chicken was simple and she liked it

DD7 just went with the mac n cheese

20 Likes

The biggest hit of JNSC was the decor and ambience. Unfortunately, I was too wiped to slip away to explore but I’m told the path to the restrooms is not to be missed.

7 Likes

After dinner, we hit the Enchanted Tiki Room which remains one of my fav attractions no matter how often they forget to wake that darn Glee Club.

Then a quick step and totally unnecessary LL to board Aladdin’s Carpets.
No matter the heat, we were grateful that the only spitting camel was the one facing ppl walking by the ride.

14 Likes

Then came the Dole Whip decision… Aloha Isle or Sunshine Tree Terrace.
Well, we’d already had some pineapple Dole Whip and to be honest somebody arbitrarily walked by me with the I Lava You float and it was decided.

An awesome way to end our Adventureland romp.
And yes, it was the end.
Nobody had sufficient interest to drag themselves through the treehouse. They were game if I insisted on completionist grounds but, honestly, even I haven’t seen the movie it’s based on and we were all far more familiar with dehydration.

19 Likes