Every Mile will be Worth our While - A Trip Report?

Still we weren’t done for the night.
We slipped through the breezeway and picked up two attractions from Frontierland: The Country Bear Jamboree and the shooting arcade.

Even if DW was so dehydrated that she thought that her marksmanship exceeded mine, what’s important is that we all had fun and she loved CBJ.

Then we slipped away, catching the fireworks at the ferry ramp at TTC

11 Likes

This brings this tale to Friday, the 13th and our last day of park admission.
And Tomorrowland.

Our day began with Kona coffee on the balcony

Knowing we would again be off to a late start, Space Mountain LL had been secured for late that morning.

18 Likes

Arriving around 10 AM, I bowed to the wisdom of the sages, and started our tour of TL with PM.
It loaded at a reasonable rate and did provide a very nice overview of the land. Great attraction.

(And I’m sorry but I found the portion passing through Space Mt to be pretty underwhelming. Oh there was distant, muffled screaming and you could see some of the futuristic ads if you leaned over at key spots but it was so backstage it was almost like they didn’t expect anyone to be there. Seemed like a lost opportunity.)

9 Likes

They become connoisseurs of the WDW mac and cheese as the trip goes on. In the end they can tell you the very best places to get it (shhh… it’s Homecomin)

7 Likes

Sadly we then had to break from TL for a bite.
Cheshire cat tails and Unbirthday Tea at the nexus with Fantasyland.

7 Likes

Back to the Future… er, I mean Tomorrowland, DW and I rode Space Mountain while the DDs just chilled.
Space Mt was the only ride that DW remembered from her childhood visit to WDW and she didn’t remember that the ride vehicle had the linear solo seat arrangement or that it twisted so much. But she really enjoyed it and was laughing like a maniac the whole time.

11 Likes

Then off to Buzz Lightyear. We missed the days when they posted your scores and you could get an ID card with your rank on it. (I still have my Space Ace one from 2000).

21 Likes

Having saved the galaxy, we had to race off to our lunch ADR…

Man, I didn’t realize how long it’s been since I’ve had French Onion Soup. It used to be something like a “special meal” staple when I was younger

The pork tenderloin that DD28 and I had was fine. Apparently, a different approach to portion control compared to Adventureland.

DW said her fish was also fine. Not blown away but good.

Again, DD7 went with the mac n cheese. She didn’t complain and did nibble away at it which really is pretty par for the course with her.

Unlike the JNSC, we all wandered around to admire the other dining rooms. Photos were taken but apparently not by yours truly.

Beast came around three times while we dined. Diners were told to remain seated and he just waved, bowed and gestured at them.

16 Likes

Having escaped the Beast’s castle, we grabbed an LL for the TL Speedway (anything to speed up boarding). DD7 got a kick out of it but I think we can hold off on actual driving lessons for a little bit longer.

12 Likes

After enjoying the go karts that don’t really fit into Tomorrowland, we went to Monsters Inc which also doesn’t really fit in Tomorrowland.

I wasn’t That Guy but the show was great.
We really enjoyed these interactive shows like Monsters and Turtle Talk.

13 Likes

Next up: Carousel of Progress
We liked it. I admit that I liked it a lot owing to the Walt connection but I think it’s an enjoyable attraction that loads pretty fast to get you out of the sun.

And then Astro-Orbiter. Most of us didn’t find it to be too harsh, but DD28 found she had to fix her eyes on the front panel of the vehicle to avoid getting dizzy; it’s either quite faster than other Dumbo-rides or very good at making you think it’s much faster

11 Likes

We had to head back to Liberty Square: DW wanted to ride the boat and DD28 wanted to hit Memento Mori (again).
The boat ride was hot. I appreciated the Mark Twain narration but… hot.

This was remedied by snacks and icy drinks.

We even got treated to a cavalcade as we snacked.

Then we headed back Main St.
I had to get a silhouette of DD7 to match the one I have of DD28 when she was DD6. Jim did it free hand. He’s a genius.

Then - sadly - it was time to say goodbye to MK.

24 Likes

Look at you in the MK Sacred Space!

Why did you allow that interloper to remain?

7 Likes

In fairness, she kept on loping right through to the sidewalk, but we did have a few kids sitting on the sleigh for a few minutes before moving on.

And we had at least two separate groups come by and glare at us for occupying that Space, hover for a bit, then give up on waiting us out as we dared to drink our drinks and share that pretzel.

But yes, my fam was very grateful for that bit of liner knowledge.

10 Likes

Back at the hotel, we changed for supper and then onto Narcoosees

We had to start with drinks

We sipped these waiting out the extreme weather delay affecting the MK fireworks. The sheet lightning over 7 Seas Lagoon was very impressive.

DW started off with the Lobster Bisque

And then followed it with the scallops

DD28 enjoyed her shrimp scampi

DD7 went with the chicken fingers

And I went with the surf n turf option

All of the food was extremely tasty and Jason, our server, was informative, effusive and charming.

Although our table gave us an amazing view of Cindy’s castle over the lagoon, as soon as the fireworks audio began, some people materialized on the walkway around the restaurant who made no effort to not block our view, like by standing between the windows.

DW got better pics. She took DD7 outside. I was wondering if I would be required outside to render first aid to her victims but that wasn’t necessary. Her glare proved sufficient.

23 Likes

Everything about this post in this thread is amazing.

Particularly that top pic, which gives me the swoons and is a perspective I’m not sure I’ve seen before. And now I want to go to Narcoosee’s again (the last time I was there I noted a bit of cat hair in my shrimp and grits but that may have been because of the company I keep)

7 Likes

Thanks!
I’m surprised it turned out so well since I took it through the window while waiting for our table to be ready

If there was any hair of any sort in our meals we were too hungry to notice and it went perfectly with the dish

6 Likes

Wow, that is impressive. The sky is beautiful too

3 Likes

And then we went back to Poly

8 Likes

Our final day at WDW started with breakfast at Chef Mickey’s…

…sadly I had to miss it in order to purchase additional luggage so we could complete packing before we got locked out of the room. But DW got pictures.

8 Likes