Epic Universe Touring plan issues

Posted wait of 235 minutes.

1 Like

Rise of the Resistance is down every time Mercury is in retrograde.

3 Likes

Did you mean 135? I see it is posted as 145 right at the moment.

1 Like

It opened at 235, according to our in-park person.

1 Like

Ah. Okay. I thought you meant currently. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:smiley: Oh, rest assured that’s what we’re doing! We’re a family of 5 travelling from Scotland on a ‘once in a lifetime’ UOR/WDW theme park trip - we can do multiple days at any of the other parks, but we’ve only got one day at Epic - so I really want to pick the best one! In terms of the TPs I’ve prepared, the time ‘in line’ predicted varies more widely by DOW there than at any other park at UoR. However, as I now appreciate, there’s simply not enough data yet for us to have a high degree of confidence in those predictions.

Having said that, I’m pretty sure it was the tips and plans we got from my copy of ‘The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World’ which made first holiday with my now wife (back in 1999) such a success and persuaded her that I was both a go-getting action man, and wise and unflappable in the face of chaos. An impression I’ve been failing to live up to ever since! So I’m happy to put my faith in the TP crowd calendars. In Lines we trust!

5 Likes

We had Amy in Epic yesterday to test out the touring plan. Battle at the Ministry closed early for a private event, which probably skewed waits higher while it was open.

These attractions experienced significant downtime:

  • Mine Cart Madness
  • Monsters Unchained

Amy didn’t have Early Entry, so she started the plan at regular park opening at 10 am. And was not at the front of any rope-drop crowd. Here were the results:

Step 1 - Meet Toothless & Hiccup @ 9:57 am. We estimated a 0-minute wait by rope-dropping. The actual wait was 13 on a posted of 30.

Takeaway: I’m going to change this model to note that people line up early for this ride, which will increase the rope-drop wait time.

Step 2 - Hiccup’s Wing Gliders @ 10:15 am. We estimated 15 minutes actual wait on a posted of 25 (a 60% ratio), and the actual wait was 36 on a posted wait of 45 (an 80% ratio).

Takeaway: Since opening, we’ve not seen an 80% ratio here before mid-afternoon, so I’m going to wait at least one more test before changing anything here.

Step 3 - Battle at the Ministry @ 11:09 am. We estimated a 75 minute wait with a posted of 95, an 80% ratio. The actual wait was 124 on a posted of 75, a ratio of 165%.

Takeaway: That’s at the very high end of what we’ve seen previously, so I think something happened here. It might have been unreported downtime, or maybe the posted wait was just inaccurate. We’ll keep checking this this week.

Step 4 - Curse of the Werewolf @ 2:09 pm. We estimated 50 minutes with a posted of 90 (63%) . The actual wait was 56 on a 60 posted (93%).

Takeaway: We see 90%+ ratios later in the afternoon, so this happening earlier is something we should watch.

Step 5 - Mine Cart Madness @ 4:40 pm. We estimated 138 on a posted of 145 (95%), and it was 159 on a posted of 150 (106%).

Takeaway: Given everything else going on today, I think this was fairly close. Our intraday adjustment process might adjust to this over time, so I’m going to collect more data before doing anything here.

This morning we have another person running through a full touring plan. Will let y’all know how that goes.

4 Likes

Wow! Even though she wasn’t at the front of rope drop, she must have been within the first 4 or 5 at Toothless? What time was she in line for Berk? I definitely think that this is the best strategy if you are off-site. But you are screwed if you have EE and want to do anything during that time.

We did rider swap for this and my younger son and I waited at the little French cafe on the patio. I had eyes on the Ministry line the whole time and it stayed at a 25 minute wait the whole time even though my husband was texting me from inside saying the ride was down.

3 Likes

I’ve asked and will let you know. She couldn’t have been more than 7 or 8 groups back.

Added: Amy said she was 7 groups back.

4 Likes

I’m anxious to see the outcome of this!

We are trying to figure out the best game plan for our February trip, being off-site and doing two days at Epic. We want one day to go in later, and stay until closing, and one day where we try to get there for rope drop. (At least some of us…although, to be honest, I have a couple of my adult children who are not, shall we say, motivated to get there for rope-drop! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Do you have tickets for February?

1 Like

Not yet. We can’t buy them yet. Once we can, we’ll be hopping on it!

1 Like

Thanks! I was just checking if you had some secret way to get them.

2 Likes

I don’t…but if I did, and I told you, I’d have to kill you, and that would be a major pain, because getting away with murder these days is next to impossible. :nerd_face:

I keep checking like daily to see if UT or Universal has Epic tickets available beyond Dec. 31.

3 Likes

Word on the street is they’re looking to enable APs starting in January.

At this point I’d be mildly surprised if they do that. We should know soon.

7 Likes

APs can, at least, buy single-day Epic tickets at a slight discount, so that’s all we’re expecting. (We personally, don’t have APs, but my DS and DDIL both do, so we’re hoping they can buy individual tickets for the rest of the group at the discount IF it isn’t cheaper to do it as part of another way. (The fine print says they can each buy 6 Epic tickets per AP per day.)

Ideally, we can buy a 3-day park-to-park that includes Epic, or a way to buy a 1-day park-to-park that includes also 1 day at Epic, and then purchase another single day Epic ticket through my DS and DDIL’s AP.

1 Like

Not in 2026.

2 Likes

Not YET. But do you think they will drop this ability for APs? In the very least, I think they will extend the status quo.

2 Likes

That is my hope. I renewed my AP yesterday.

2 Likes

Thanks! This one was honestly my bugaboo for this trip. I think it worked out for us in the end. But I wish the TPs could articulate that you will wait 30+ minutes if you are more than 10th in line. I probably would have enabled “rope drop mode” if I was making a TP but then my whole plan would have been off by 30 minutes.

I saw on Instagram that Amy met Hiccup too! Which is only really guaranteed if you are within those first 10. We met Astrid.

3 Likes