Epic Bucket List/25th Anniversary Trip Report DAS

Elated you have finally arrived! Food looks yummy. Soak in all the magic!

3 Likes

Ok so after our yummy start at with the festival with the beignet we continued the French theme and both got Croque Monsieurs at Le Halles which were very good. FYI - I’m not a big take pictures of my food person though I really enjoy them in other trip reports. Then we meandered though the UK and Canada. Watched the beautiful 360 film in Canada and then headed to WS. We got a DAS return for Soarin and then went on Living with the Land and then back to ride Soarin. Wow. We loved it!!! I knew we would because when we went to DL about 15 years ago we loved it then, but wow! I definitely yelped in surprise a few times and seeing the beautiful fireworks at the end gave me tears in my eyes.

Then we went on Figment’s ride which was adorable. I’ve decided he encapsulates my DH and I’s relationship - he’s purple (me - my favorite color, wedding color) and all about imagination (DH - who at his core is an artist). When we got out I saw the film festival was starting in 4 minutes so we rolled over and got in just in time!! What a delightful experience!! Piper was my favorite and did not look animated and Piper is my new favorite Pixar character and short film!! Don’t miss this underrated gem - and in AC!!

Finally, on the way to Northern Blossom we got the Spike souvenir cup drink which was again yummy (notice a trend :grin:) people watched and then had the 2 Northern Blossom dishes which we both enjoyed. We ended with maple popcorn and a frozen coke. They were both good but the CM really scooped from the bottom on our popcorn and we had to work at finding big fluffy kernels and not unpopped ones. Oh well. It made us eat slowly lol.

Now I have to unpack, relax and prepare for tomorrow!!! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: BG vibes!!

27 Likes

I love Piper! One of my fave Pixar shorts.

Love how you’re really soaking in the magic!

5 Likes

Yay!!!

32 Likes

Congrats!!

1 Like

Congrats! I was crossing my fingers for you!

1 Like

Forgot to take a picture of these!

31 Likes

We’re big lovers of “Piper” in my family. My son wrote a paper about the particular species of sandpiper in the short – I’ll have to ask him exactly what it was, because I think he said it was getting close to being designated as endangered? I could be wrong. Anyway, totally love “Piper”!!! Totally agree with your assessment! :grinning:

2 Likes

Love these!

3 Likes

Having an awesome day at HS. In line for RotR now!

ETA: missons delayed :disappointed: :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: it resumes soon.

Also something is way off about MFSR wait time 8 mins earlier and now 2 mins but posted via MDE is 60 +

8 Likes

I realized last night that another wonderful thing about WDW is that you don’t have to waste energy trying not to look like a tourist! Everyone’s a tourist!

14 Likes

I :purple_heart: this! My teens/preteens don’t notice my giddiness and inner child bc I blend in with everyone else!

3 Likes

We got on RotR with a recovery pass! Wonderful!!

Also, Rockin Roller Coaster - :scream::scream::scream: omg!!! Intense!!! I think I loved it.

17 Likes

It made me go lightheaded yesterday and I’m 100% convinced it’s my vasovsgal response. It’s definitely intense. I tried a trick DH told me to act like I’m popping my ears on a plane and that helped. How he knows that?

1 Like

First HS day. After getting the coveted BG this morning we were a little slower to get ready because of still recovering from train etc. from yesterday which I sort of expected tbh. So instead of getting to HS for RD we got there at 9 am oh well. We had decided to take the boat and of course just missed one and had to wait 10 minutes.

As soon as we got there we went straight to ToT to get a das return. Then since RnR was a longish wait by then moved our Ronto Roasters MO up and headed that way for breakfast. Having 2 ECVs has some unique challenges particularly since my DH is directionally challenged. Add the muffled voices (we wear masks while moving), auditory sensitivities due to his fibromyalgia and lots of people around. Well, he stopped to take pictures in Toy Story Land when he was following me so I lost him… briefly and then found him again :tada::tada:. I tried the directions from the MDE app and we ended up taking a tour of GE LOL. But we did finally find RR and had our yummy ronto breakfast wraps.

We headed back to ToT at about 10:30. ToT has a special place in our hearts because 25 years ago when we were here on our honeymoon, that was the only ride we went on twice. It is still AMAZING! The DAS return was great and they took such good care of us. I did not remember so many drops or so many times lifting out of my seat!!! I may have clutched DH’s arm and screamed a few times :roll_eyes:!

24 Likes

Okay, that is awesome - ROTR, ToT and RnRC?! Are you doing MFSR today?

1 Like

Don’t know. Probably not we need to save something for the other two days we are at HS!

We just got off MMRR - such fun!!

11 Likes

Even DH who doesn’t like Pan, Pooh, Mermaid etc likes MMRR! It’s good fun

5 Likes

First HS day continued. DH and talked about ToT and we both remembered fewer drops 25 years ago. There were only 2 or 3 with one being small/medium and then one big one. Today there were at least 4 or 5 of various sizes and we both lost count!!

Once we finished ToT we got a DAS return time for RnRC. We then headed to Star Tours which we have seen in both WDW and DL. We had to get a wheelchair return because it’s too old for the line to accommodate ECVs and this is completely separate from a DAS return. While we waited for that we visited our old friends the Muppets 3D. They never disappoint! Added bonus was a young boy with his mom (she was in an ECV) and I saw him grab at the 3D effects more than once. It brought back memories of the first time we saw the show and I grabbed at the effects (we’re old enough that they were pretty then). We saw them again at Star Tours and I got to tell the mom and I could see that she really appreciated it. So after Muppets we did see Star Tours and enjoyed it.

When we were done there and checked and our BG was up! :tada::tada: Except if you are following this you know that once we were in line RotR had one of its infamous mission delays. :pensive: Once they decided it was long enough we opted for a recovery pass.

Then we went to RnRC for our DAS return time. Btw, you don’t have to show up at the time, just anytime after it and you can only have one DAS return active at a time. RnRC accessibility is an interesting mix. You can’t take an EVC into the DAS line (but you can borrow a wheelchair from them to use, “even as a walker” as the awesome CM mentioned when I wasn’t sure if I needed it - take the wheelchair because the line is two long ramps up) but they have a car with a door that opens for easier getting in and even a transfer chair!! They even have a place where you can get in ahead of everyone else if you think you might need extra time. We used the extra time and the door which were really helpful. DH had a difficult time getting out after and the CMs were very helpful. Now the ride :scream::scream::scream: I don’t know what I was expecting but I don’t think inversions when you can just set your bag on the floor!! I’ll post our photo pass picture where you can see how hard I’m grabbing the restraint - I’m adding more bruises every day lol. DH has always called me his bruisable peach because I get random bruises all the time very easily. It’s a talent LOL. Anyway, I think I loved this ride but I’m not sure I want to ride it again, at least not before some other rides. Intense. Fast. Crazy. I screamed. A lot. I actually had to put my hand to my face at one point to make sure my glasses were still on! I don’t even know if I heard the song that’s supposed to play.

19 Likes

Check out the expressions on the couple behind us!!

21 Likes