Epcot WS Timing

How much time do you allot in your Epcot WS touring plans? I will be there during spring break, currently showing a crowd level 8. We will have our 8 year old and 4.5 year old kids doing some of the passport kidcot stops and we have picked out a drink or snack we want to try in almost every country. I have also noted most of the character and/or photo pass opportunities along the way, but none are must dos. TP automatically sets each pavilion at 10 minutes. Is that a good standard? Will we encounter long lines at the kidcots and refreshment booths that I should account for in our TP?

1 Like

i’ve done 30 minutes in the past for each pavilion when i planned on snacks, drinks, or wandering around.

1 Like

No lines at Kidcot.

I would definitely give more than 10 min per pavilion. Lines may not be long but it still takes a bit of time to wait, order, pay and all that stuff. Then eat and look around. It works best with kids to split up so that one person takes the kids to do one thing while the other person gets food.

We tried snacking around the world a couple of years ago with my then 3, 6, and 8 year old and it really went awry. After a couple of stops the kids were done waiting for anything, didn’t want to eat, and only wanted to play in the shops. We ended up skipping a few pavilions because the kids were just not having it. I’m sure others can chime in that have had better success but I think a backup (escape?) plan is a good idea just in case.

1 Like

I believe the general recommendation is 5 hours - we managed it in 4.5h with plenty of stops for the F&W festival, seeing all the available shows, rides etc, but notably not OC or IdF as they were closed. I’d say 6 if it’s all open (especially Ratatouille - possibly more if you can’t FPP that). If you want to do FEA either get an FPP, allow extra time or get it out of the way earlier at rope drop. It will have a silly wait on an average mid-afternoon.

And I’m not sure about getting a snack in each pavilion. It can be a lot of lines and a lot of food. I suggest prioritizing.

Kids generally get bored with WS. Maybe pick a few stops that you really care about and be sure to do those and anything else is icing.

My daughter would sit at each Kidcot station 30 minutes each if we let her. You need 10 minutes if you just kind of peek in and take a picture. I’d allot 4-5 hours to take it all in. Plus once you get halfway through there’s no point not finishing since you have to walk all the way back out.

1 Like

10 minutes is just enough time to walk to the Kidcot area at each Pavilion. We never came across a long line, maybe one or two kids. I would double your time.

I typically do FW in the morning with an early light lunch at Sunshine Seasons and then head to World Showcase for the rest of the day. This usually results in a relaxing trip around WS with the option to head back to FW for some evening same day fastpasses before dinner and fireworks if I want. I don’t like to plan my WS to strictly because it is so fun just to explore.

1 Like

With those ages I would really commend the Agent P adventure on your phone. We did that with my 8 year old in September and it made WS so fun and engaging. Not every country has an adventure so it gives yo a bit of a break between countries. It helps people you into the countries and shops and usually you end up having to interact with a staff member also.

1 Like