Epcot TP

@fred I just updated my Epcot TP for Sat. 6/25/16. We plan to do Soarin’ standby around 8:30 PM. My wait time has jumped from 29 mins to 80 mins! Is this a reflection of new crowd levels? Also, a lot of my “walk times” have increased.

29 was probably a fluke. Maybe TP is trying to figure out what the waits will be like w the third theater? Have you considered rope dropping Soarin or FPP? Will you miss Illuminatons? I’m guessing it’s at 9 that day?

Yes, I believe so. We went to Epcot on Wednesday, May 25, and Epcot turned out to be a level 8. Test Track was above 60 minutes from 9:30 a.m. on up until the end of the day. Soarin’ would most definitely be more crowded than Test Track this time of year and having just opened. I’m an annual passholder and I don’t have any hope of getting on Soarin’ anytime in the near future unless I want to wait 1 1/2 hours standby.

We have yet to get on 7 Dwarfs Mine Train for less than a 60 minute standby wait and it’s been open for a couple years now. You’re best bet is to get to the park at 8:15 a.m. and dart to Soarin’ first thing.

When we went to Epcot on the 25th. We darted to Test Track at the rope drop and it was a 30 minute wait already by the time we got there and up to 45 minutes when we got off the ride.

My optimized Epcot touring plan includes Mexico pavilion and 3 caballeros ride before 11 am. Is that an error?

Yes, it will not be open. Do you have too much scheduled so it is trying to fit it all in?

No, that is correct. They now open Mexico at 9:00 a.m. since FEA opened up (also at 9:00). One of the Mexico restaurants even has breakfast.

2 Likes

The pavilion is open? I thought the QS was open for breakfast- the whole pavilion is?

According to MDE it opens at 11:00? I hope this link works

Ah, they must have stopped doing that, now that it’s August. I know they stopped doing breakfast at Sunshine Seasons this past weekend. http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/gran-fiesta-tour-starring-the-three-caballeros/news/20jun2016-gran-fiesta-tour-starring-the-three-caballeros-to-move-to-a-9am-opening.htm was the article in June about it opening at 9, to match Frozen Ever After. I was there the week of July 17-23, and it was open early then. I have the Times Guide from that week, and it lists Gran Fiesta Tour as being 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. I had not seen any news article that it had gone back to the 11:00 opening, but you are right that the WDW website now lists it as 11:00 - and no more breakfast listed at La Cantina de San Angel.

Just goes to show how Disney changes hours all the time! Thanks for catching that change.

1 Like

To add to the confusion, on another discussion site, someone had an image of this week’s Times Guide, which shows it opening at 9:00, yet the offical website says 11:00. I guess the only way to truly know, is to be there!

1 Like

An excuse for a trip?

I like your way of thinking! Thanks for injecting a smile into these frustrations.

1 Like