Epcot Spaceship Earth Closing?

Where did you see that? I just made FP+ reservations for the week of February 10 and I thought Test Track was still showing as an option.

You are right, it has been closed. I was thinking of the replacement for it “Awesome Planet”, but did not realize that it hasn’t opened yet (Jan 2020)

1 Like

When I was just there the main rides were very confusing to get to b/c of all the construction walls. It created a “can’t get there from here” problem. But WS was completely normal. I realize this will change a lot as time passes.

1 Like

WDW’s Test Track page has a note that with those dates.

Hmm…is there a map of the current pathways with the construction? When I was plotting out my plan in FW, I just used the existing pathways as a guide…but it makes me wonder if some of the pathways are just closed entirely versus just surrounded by walls.

I haven’t seen a map but based on some vlogs i watch there are definitely closed off paths we have been used to. They have seemed to added extra directional signs though everywhere.

I don’t know, but I found myself wishing for the kind of map you ask about. I vastly underestimated how difficult it would be to get around the construction. We’d been there before but it had been 4 yrs so I knew where things were, sort of, but with all those walls in the way it really blocked the view and blocked off pathways. More than once I led my group towards a ride only to have to turn back b/c that way was blocked. I know this area used to just be open.

We were there in November (everything you mentioned other than SE was closed) and still spent two days at the park. We do spend a lot of time in WS though.

It’s up on the WDW website:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/attractions/epcot/test-track/

It would have been showing as an option for the 10th-12th, maybe that’s when you saw it.

Uh oh. Your link is to the UK English site (and the link didn’t work for some reason). Anyhow, as a result of clicking on it, now Disney thinks my preference is UK…and it won’t let me change it back to US!

You need to sign in and then change it back!

No idea why it wouldn’t work though. I’ll try again to the US site.

Edit: well this sucks, I can’t change to the US site, either signed in or not. :astonished:

Yeah. I’m stuck in the UK now, and can’t figure out how to change it back, logged in or not. :frowning:

I think the closing of Illuminations is also a reason that Epcot does not have the draw for me that it used to (combined with all of the construction). I still want to enjoy Soarin’ but I think it may not be the “3 days during the trip” park that it used to be until they start opening new stuff and change the show.

I had to go into my browser’s cookies and delete everything related to disney. Now I’m back running in the US. Weird.

1 Like

The show has changed. Epcot Forever is the new, albeit temporary, nighttime show. Then Harmonius starts sometime next year.

Right, that’s what I meant. I am not enamoured enough by the new show to make it my all day park just to watch it like I was with Illuminations (non-park hopper talk here). :slight_smile:

1 Like

That same UK site thing happened to me several times about 6 months ago. It eventually just stopped happening. At the time a lot of others on message boards were saying it was also happening to them.

1 Like

Here’s a site with such a map: Keep Track of All the Areas Closed for Construction at Epcot with the New “Epcot Wall Map” . I think the map linked in the article is supposed to be “live” in terms of keeping up with changes.

1 Like

I’m planning two days at Epcot in late January, even with the construction, because my mother and I will have plenty to do and enjoy at World Showcase. The new China and Canada films will be playing, as well as the Beauty & the Beast sing-along (if we have time for it) and the art festival.