Epcot Rope Drop/FP advice, please

Good day!

For our day at Epcot we have an FP booked for Soarin’ at 9:15am, and are thinking about getting to the park for rope drop and heading to Test Track (if it is open :wink:). We can always do TT in the single rider line later, but it would probably be more fun together (my wife and me). We may also be able to get an FP for it later.

Anyway, on to my questions.

1. If we do rope drop, how successful will be getting on TT and then over to Soarin’?
  2. Again, if we want to RD TT, which park entrance?

Thanks!

I think you should have no problem getting to soarin by the end of a 9:15 FPP window.

1 Like

Most people say rd soarin and fpp test track due to late opens on TT being common.

Main entrance to rd either

of course that’s assuming TT runs.

1 Like

Thanks!

Yeah, but Soarin’ is the only ride my wife cares about :smiley: so I wanted to be sure that she got on it so I made the Soarin’s FP. TT FP’s are only available in the afternoon for now, so that’s why I am thinking about RD for it.

2 Likes

Yeah, after i posted, i saw you knew that and i was just too lazy to edit or delete

1 Like

I understand :smiley:

I am going to watch for an early morning TT FP and swap if it pops up, and then we would reverse TT and Soarin’

Idk if this strategy helps you, but we always choose a Tier 2 ride for our 1st FP at Epcot and choose the earliest window possible. (Ideally, Living with the Land or Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival, which are both close to Soarin’.) Then, at RD, we hurry to Soarin’ and ride it Standby. (We never had a terribly long wait at RD.) Then , we hit the Tier 2 (1st FP) attraction right after Soarin’ if the window has not yet expired. If it has expired, no big deal. Then, for our 2nd FP window, we book TT and have plenty of time to get over there. This strategy always works for us. Good luck!

2 Likes

Sorry, I just re-read your posts and see that you cannot get a morning FP for TT. I would keep trying though! With Frozen and Soarin’, people might switch.

1 Like

No worries! I appreciate the strategy and will keep looking. We’ll be there on Monday so maybe Sunday night or early Monday morning.