Epcot Park Passes Sold Out May 23

May 23rd and May 26th have recently both started showing Epcot as having no park pass availability. That’s the day before and four days before Cosmic Rewind officially opens. I haven’t seen any previews officially announced for those days. Anyone know what’s driving the demand for Epcot those days?

Just how strong is the correlation between park passes selling out and crowd level? If you were planning to be at Epcot those days but can make a change without too much pain, would you? TP predictions for those days are 8 and 6 respectively.

1 Like

Good question. We have May 23 reserved and I’m wondering how accurate the CL 8 is for that. I’m wondering if they’ve updated the Crowd Calendar for May yet.

1 Like

Welcome @kingtriton71.

The 23rd is extended evening hours. Perhaps people are hoping to take advantage of that with hopes of getting on GOTG.

We’ll be there that day but have APR at HS. Hope that hopping to EP doesn’t get impacted.

1 Like

I have May 23…it’s the last day of my trip and may only be able to go for 2 1/2 hours before heading to the airport. (I should have booked my flight last week…then I could have had a few more hours)

From what I’ve gathered, being fully booked doesn’t automatically mean worst crowds and the capacity may change based on for example staff numbers. I don’t think anyone has certain information about this though, but what we do know is that sold out dates haven’t necessarily been CL10 days.

2 Likes

I suspected as much regarding park passes being sold out not necessarily correlating to the most extreme crowds, but good to hear someone confirm it. If I can find some raw data on park pass sellouts, I’m curious enough that I might try to see what that data tells us about actual crowd levels over the past few months.

Anyone know where to find that by chance?

Have there been any issues with park hopping capacity?
My group has dinner reservations at EP on May 23 and is planning on attending extended evening hours. My parents have EP park passes, but they were sold out to the rest of us getting our tickets set-up. We have hoppers and booked HS reservations. I never thought I’d be worried about getting into EP (especially when HS still has park pass availability).

Since reopening, there has been only one time park hopping was restricted, and that was at MK on Oct. 1 (its 50th) for a few hours in the afternoon, after which it reopened to park hopping. No problems at all during the Christmas holiday season.

1 Like

It’s just gone public that May 23 and 24 are Cast Member preview dates for Cosmic Rewind. Park Reservations haven’t been required for the previews, but I have to think Disney is cutting back on the number of available reservations to account for that.

Now, I wonder what that means for wait times… :slight_smile:

1 Like

CM previews are happening right now…

The dates are: April 17, 18, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, May 1, May 2 2022

They’ve added May 11, 12, 13, 22, 23, 24 for Cast Member previews.

I believe they have been taken in through an alternate way from TikTok videos I’ve seen… so should not impact crowds.