Epcot F. Arts on Opening Day?

I had been planning to do Epcot on Friday January 8th, and I just discovered that it will be the first day of Festival of the Arts. At first, I was thinking dangit, it will be packed that day (TP gives it a CL 3 right now though). Anyone have any personal experiences with opening days for festivals? I know many of the usual activities will be excluded this year thanks to COVID. But, there will be a lot of fun, unique things to see. I’m conflicted. Mostly because we will have DS6, DS4, and DD2 with us.

The alternative is to swap my Epcot and AK days, which are structured similarly overall (in terms of timing/transportation/etc.)

Sorry if my title is too offensive. I couldn’t resist. Please don’t ban me…

2 Likes

Just call it FARTS and be done with it. :smiley:

I would aim to do Epcot on not a weekend day - avoid F-M if you can. So if swapping does this, do it. I do think the opening day will be especially busy.

4 Likes

I was actually going to call it “Taste of Epcot FARTS on Opening Day”, but thought that was too egregious. The little boy in me can’t stop laughing though…

5 Likes

:face_vomiting:
but yeah, the little boy in me can’t stop laughing either

1 Like

Bathroom humor never did anything for me…even as a little boy! So…I read this thread title as “Epcot Festival of the Arts on Opening Day.” It wasn’t until you pointed it out that it could be read another way that I would have even noticed.

1 Like

Hey Jordan, I was there for opening day of Festival of the Arts last year and it looks like I may be there for opening day again this year. It was more crowded than a normal day but doable. All the bloggers, vloggers and anyone that distributes any kind of Disney content are there. Last year got to meet almost everyone from the The Dis. I had a great time talking to them all they were so nice. So if that is something you are interested in great, but maybe not with family in tow. Also they gave out magnets last year and the line was incredibly long. Now if you are going to be more ride focused it may be a good day for that.

Right now my park reservations dont have me there for opening day. I am still trying to decide. I am leaning toward going on a slower more relaxed day.

2 Likes

Do you frequent Farts and Crap shows too? aka arts and crafts :rofl:

1 Like

This is what I was starting to think about. The “extra” people will be focused on the Festival stuff at first, I’m thinking rides might not be too affected at RD. Plan would be Futureworld, lunch, FEA, then stroll WS until dinner, without much of a touring plan. Finish with Remy (if it’s open), then head out.

1 Like

I hope you’re planning on a late lunch, if you plan to do FW before that. Epcot is listed as opening at noon that day, unless they move it to the current 11:00 opening. Ah, the good ol’ days of 9:00 am openings for FW.

2 Likes

Just don’t eat first at the Mexican Pavilion, then you should be fine.

If you do start in Mexico, skip the re-fried beans and the bean burrito.

:crazy_face::wink:

4 Likes

Ahh, yes I was not thinking correctly, just swap out “lunch” with “snack” from that plan above. I’m thinking Kringla Bakeri, which is a little tradition for me. We are doing “brunch” somewhere beforehand, around 10ish. Boardwalk area or Topo’s. Not sure yet.

2 Likes

I also forgot about the current strategy of actually entering EP earlier than official opening - especially if you walk in from the Boardwalk area like you mentioned. Maybe you should plan an earlier brunch that will let you be in place to enter early. That can try to gain you more time in EP before eating. Plus all the food booths will let you snack/graze throughout EP.

1 Like

I’ve been to opening day and weekend of Food and Wine and didn’t notice any difference from any other day I’d been to Epcot over the years.

1 Like

My plan was Epcot on Sunday, but I opted to switch to Friday figuring it will be slightly more doable than Sunday - at least until schools are out/work is over for locals.