EPCOT Evening on Memorial Day Weekend

My family (all adults, ages 24-62) will be at WDW May 23 - May 28th, 2019. This spans Memorial Day weekend quite intentionally due to work and school schedules. We can deal with the heat and the lines with proper preparation (we spent 1 week at WDW in late June 2017).

We enjoy trying food and beverages (including alcoholic beverages) while exploring World Showcase. However, we don’t want to deal with hordes of drunk people at World Showcase. We’ve heard about the “Saturday evenings during Food&Wine at EP” issues…from the Unofficial Guide, every blog and our relatives who experienced it first hand.

Does EPCOT on a holiday weekend have the same issues? Should we avoid EP on Fri-Sun evenings? We do want to enjoy dinner and Illuminations at EP and plan on spending one whole day there. We will have park hoppers so we can move the evening World Showcase bit to a non-weekend day if needed.

I was there over Memorial Day weekend several years ago and I noticed nothing out of the ordinary. There will always be a few examples of too much drinking, but nothing widespread or offensive.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s reassuring to hear first hand experiences.