Epcot EMH RD from Riveria via SL

My Epcot touring plan started us at the front entrance but I read on another post today that if you are at the SL resorts (like Riveria) you have to take the SL (unless it’s down). Which means we start at the IG. So now my plan is no good and I have to wrap my head around the change. Historically we have hit each side of FW and then went to the WS. Now I am discombobulated.
So walk me thru a EMH RD at the international gateway. I assume you would not walk from there to the front of the park. Do you start at Remy then FEA? Start at FEA? How far is the walk from the gateway to FEA? Will we get there when the front of the park crowd does or are we going to be way behind?
(Fwiw talking a car to the front entrance is not an option)

Being at the IG for RD I think is huge advantage. I would hit up Remy first and then FEA. We were able to ride Remy before regular park opening by using the IG entrance.

2 Likes

We are staying at the Boardwalk and RD’d Epcot this AM. We arrived at the IG at 7:55a - early entry started at 8a. We were not near the front of the RD pack, but we were onto Remy by 8:23a. By the time we were off Remy, the line was long… I don’t recall the stand by wait but it was too long for us to consider doing it again. We bounced around (location-wise) alot after Remy to minimize waiting and because we let the kids each pick 1 attraction to do this morning. After Remy, we headed to the Land Pavilion and did some attractions in FW, then headed to FEA (because this attraction was a priority for one of the kids) and then came back to do more in FW.

We left the park around lunch time to go back to the hotel and swim. We came back at 5pm to do TT and more of the WS.

If it had been up to me, I would have done Remy, then done all of FW before heading to the WS. It was crowded today but the park didn’t feel crowded until close to 11a. Other than TT, the waits weren’t that long in FW before 11am. So hit Remy, then head to FW and start with Journey to Imagination and then circle FW.

2 Likes

It’s a decent trek to FEA from IG. My touring plan insisted that we do The American Adventure first, which we ended up complying with because it was my father’s one must do attraction of the day.

I’d start with Remy, but if you don’t get on it first thing I’ve heard a lot of people suggest doing it at the end of the day.

1 Like

I’ve heard the same suggestion but on Monday night (3/21), according to the MDE app, the wait was still over 100 mins at 8:30p. And from what we could see of the line, I don’t think the wait was much less than that. Not sure how late you need to go to get a shorter wait.

I’ve seen it described as .5 mile by someone using Google maps.

End of night posted weight times are insanely inflated. It seems they keep them that way to deter guests getting in line.

From IG, you can still do the same. Once in, go LEFT, and head to Soarin’, The Seas, SE, GOTG (if it is open), Mission:Space, TT. (Or something like that, depending on your plan.) Then, head into from that side.

I skipped Figment. Mostly because the ride isn’t worth it…but even if you are someone who likes it, or has kids who do, Figment is practically a walk-on most of the day, so you can do it anytime…no point wasting RD on it!

1 Like

Posted 8:49pm FEA

25 minutes later?

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that kind of thing a lot at Disney. I think just as they inflate the times later at night to dissuade people from jumping in line, they inflate numbers early in the morning to better disperse the crowds!

1 Like

When we were there a few weeks ago we got on the Skyliner at CBR at about 7:15 for an 8am early entry. Were let through the International Gateway about 7:50 and were pretty close to the front of the Remy line, walked right on. When we got off Remy we speed-walked over to Frozen and walked right onto that. Starting at the IG is excellent. The walk from the IG to Frozen is a ways, but I would think you’d still be in front of the front of the park crowd if you decide to do that.

1 Like

Which way did you get to FEA after Remy? Do they make you go the Canada way or can you go the other way? Is one way faster than the other?

We went the World Showcase way, through all the countries. Can’t say if one way is faster - it seems like, looking at the map, that we’re basically going from one side of a circle to the direct other side. It was lovely walking through the world showcase with so few people, I wished in retrospect we’d taken more time to just wander and look at things. I guess if you went the other way you’d be more likely to run into crowds of people.

1 Like

Thanks!

I didn’t know if they allowed people through all the countries. Previously when WS opened later you couldn’t go past ?UK so I wondered if now you couldn’t go past France

Appreciate the intel!

1 Like

While we were there most of WS seemed to be opening at park open - not sure if this is a new policy, or if it was because of high crowd volumes and them trying to spread out the people.

1 Like