Epcot Character Spot

Are Baymax, Joy & Sadness all part of the Epcot Character Spot along with Mickey, Minnie, & Goofy? Or are they a different thing of their own? Does the FPP get you into all of them or just the classic 3?

They have separate queues. I went to see Joy and Sadness, and they had a queue and an area of their own.

3 Likes

how long are the lines for the pixar characters? i hava a fastpass for Micket & friends but don’t know when to fit in the other 3

I didn’t have an FPP for Joy and Sadness. I just joined the line. I think it was around 20-30 minutes. I got chatting to someone in the queue, so the time seemed to go by quite quickly.

1 Like

The line for Baymax is usually not too bad - I don’t think we’ve ever waited more than ten minutes. The Joy & Sadness line builds a lot quicker, so I would prioritise that ahead of Baymax.

1 Like

We waited about 30 minutes for Joy and Sadness in February. There is no FP line and no DAS return times given to see them. Joy and Sadness are well worth the wait!

1 Like

what time of day was the 30 min wait?

I was at Epcot March 2nd 2018 (Friday).

After RopeDropping Soarin’, we went to see Joy & Sadness and we waited about 15 minutes.
Worth it, as it was one of our favorite Meet & Greet of our trip.
Afterward, we waited less than 10 minutes for Baymax.
The CL for that day was 4.

I still think this was a good time to go (about 9h30, after a Soarin’ or Test Track rope drop, and just before using our first FP+ of the day).

1 Like

late afternoon my husband and I had waited about an hour on a previous trip the person at the door should be able to give you a wait estimate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you all for your help!We have a Garden Grill 8:00am ADR, then we’re gonna go straight to Soarin’, then to meet Joy & Sadness, then Baymax (and allotted 30 minutes for them), and back to Living with The Land, and then a Frozen Fastpass at 10:20am.

I went at around 11.30am and waited 20-30 mins.

1 Like

Joy and Sadness is definitely worth the wait. They are IMO the best meet and greet. So much fun, especially Joy! My young adults (15 and 20) loved this meet and greet. We went around 11:00 AM and waited for 40 minutes.

1 Like

Anyone here have any experience with Belle’s m&g in France? How long is the wait if you show up at 11:00am? Princess Aurora? Any character feedback for Epcot you can give us! :+1:t3:

1 Like

Joy and Sadness, hmmmm? If I visit them and I am a therapist that works with children, would my trip be a business expense? LOL! I know I am reaching . I need to find a conference there.

3 Likes

We have met Belle, Snow White, Alice, Mulan, Mary Poppins, & Jasmine at Epcot. We usually try to get in line 10 minutes before they are supposed to start. Snow and Jasmine have been our longest waits. If you arrive in the middle of the set, the line could be cut off already if it is a busy day. Later in the afternoon always seems busier to me.

1 Like

Snow White is the only one I can’t get to at her first meet. Gonna try to see her before we eat at Biergarten. She has a 3:30pm meet and were gonna try to get there around 3:10 to wait and a 4:00pm at the restaurant so hopefully we will see her, and get to enjoy the Germany Pavilion a bit before heading in for dinner. I think all the others I will be in good shape for. Any thoughts on Jasmine’s better spot, in MK with Al, or solo in Morocco?

We prefer to see Jasmine & Aladdin at MK. But the last time we saw her at Epcot, it was still both of them & at least the wait was inside a building that had AC. It is a mostly shaded wait at MK & next to the Dole Whip.
It sounds like you should be good for Snow White with your strategy.

1 Like