EP on June 7th a 9?

Any reason why June 7th would be an anomaly for EP? The rest of the week we are there EP is a reasonably crowd level but for some reason on this random Tuesday it is listed as a 9? I was trying to pair our EP day after the extra evening hours at MK on Monday. However, the CL of 9 is spooking me.

1 Like

I find it’s most accurate to look at what the crowd level was on a particular date in 2019 since that was the last “normal” crowd year and this year is predicted to be normal crowds or higher.

In 2019, Epcot was a CL of 4 on June 7.

But also, I think for the most part extra deluxe evening hours are for Epcots on Mondays and MK on Wednesdays.

Thanks for the insights. I read that on Feb 21 MK and EP are switching dates for Extended Hours. MK on Monday and EP on Wed.

1 Like

Be aware that these CLs are not definite until about 60 - 45 days out. (Really until about 45 - 30 days) Right now they are just using historical data for 2018 / 2019 / 2020.

Basically, start making your plans and seeing what TP suggests is the best plan. However, know that you’ll “real” plan won’t be ready until about 30 days in advance.

I love TP but any CL # that is more than 45 - 30 days out I no longer trust. Wait and see… it’ll fluctuate. TP only updates about 45 - 30 days in advance and copies & pastes the previous year’s historical info into the farther away future dates.

Also, sometimes that far in advance they are just using the historical data from that calendar date and not adjusted for the day of the week.

For example, if your trip starts on a Monday, that day was probably a Sat. or Sun. in 2020. So you might see a CL10 because this year that “date” was a weekend. When they update the calendar in 2021 they’ll adjust for that date being on Monday this time.

That is a one-off date switch. Or might be the second one. Either way it isn’t a permanent move as far as we know yet.

Good to know. I am glad Disney wants you to plan your days out as far as possible but won’t provide “guests”… I mean customers, with the most basic of park operating information. Also I realize that CL is going to be based on historic information, however with ADR having to happen at the 60 day mark I don’t have the luxury to wait until 30 days out. Also at 30 days who knows if PP availability will be an issue.