End of August Advice

Hello! Long time lurker and 3 time WDW trip veteran here looking for advice on two possibilities for a trip I have planned for August 22-28.

1. Do you think EMM at Toy Story Land would be worth it at this time of year (fairly low crowd levels) to see the new attractions with low stress?

2. We are staying club level so we could purchase extra fast passes. Same question I guess…would it be worth it this time of year?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

1 Like

If you can afford it, I’d do both amiga.
It just takes the stress down three notches if you do.
You may find low crowds, but if you don’t, you have peace of mind that your prime attractions are all covered.
That’s really worth it to me!

4 Likes

And welcome to unlurkdom amiga!!!

5 Likes

I absolutely would! You are going right before STGE is set to open. I would guess that as you get closer, you are going to see those CLs rise.

3 Likes

I am in a similar position. Try planning your ‘free’ FPs and then adding in how you would use the CL ones, for at least 3 days. I found it quite a struggle.

2 Likes

agree

1 Like

Thank you! I think that’s what I wanted to hear!

Agree with @quicha and @carthy15

Even on a CL 3 or 4 day, the line for SDD will likely be 90 min+, making EMM worth it.
EMM is especially worthwhile if you want to ride it a few times… and you will want to :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would be interested in what you decide to do. We are going the week before also club level and decided not to do it because it is over $400 for the 3 of us.
Have a great time!

2 Likes

Also, might not the new Mickey and Minnie ride be open by then? That too might play into your EMM and FPP strategies.

1 Like

It’s rumoured now that the Mickey and Minnie ride might not open until next year. Which would certainly explain why Disney haven’t announced an opening date!!

3 Likes

I will be there at the EMM on Aug 26th and decided to do it because I have a 5 year old who is very interested in SDD and I am not interested in a hour+ wait. My theory is by knocking off the TSL we will have a much more relaxed rest of the day, plus we won’t have to worry about breakfast.

3 Likes

We really enjoyed EMM at TSL. I think it was worth it–we accomplished a lot and enjoyed our breakfast and then hit the rest of the park while the crowds were still low.

I probably wouldn’t spend the money for the CL extra FPPs. You should be able to pick additional FPPs after you use your first 3.

2 Likes

We are doing the extra CL fastpasses in July. The only ride my kids are interested in doing in TSL is SDD, so the EMM didn’t make since to us. The best perk of the CL fastpasses for us is being able to schedule regular ones in the morning, then continue to get what we can until we are ready for our break. Then I have my CL fastpasses scheduled for the end of the night and usually at a different park.

1 Like

I did go ahead and book the Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land. I know my family and a long wait has the potential to set a bad tone for the rest of the day or longer. It’s money well spent to ease the family dynamics. :slight_smile:

I am still on the fence about the Club Level fast passes. We’ll use our first three in the morning and try for a forth, etc. but there have been times when the “modify trick” hasn’t worked for us in the sense that we haven’t ended up with something we wanted to do. Can you tell we are difficult? It would be nice to count on something for the evening. On the other hand, I’m not sure there is enough time considering dinner and evening shows to book the three passes at one hour intervals…

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, how much to CL passes cost?

It is $50 for 3 fast passes per person, per day.

1 Like

Isn’t there a 3 day minimum or an I getting overenthusiastic with the 3s?

Yes, you must purchase them for at least 3 days, but they do not have to be consecutive days.

1 Like

We’re thinking of getting the CL extra passes. I’m confused though. If I book our regular fast passes in the morning and club level in the evening, can I get our 4th pass when the 1st 3 are used? or do I have to use all 6 (including CL passes) before trying for an extra one?