Enchantment Dessert Parties?

So thinking about my upcoming trip and I don’t really have any splurge planned. I’m not really crazy about any of the Candlelight Processional packages of which I normally book 2 or 3 on a trip. I also used to do the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam party each year, but that’s not happening either. I’ve only seen Enchantment from the CG roof and I’m still very crowd averse so wouldn’t stake out a spot in the hub on my own so I’m debating a dessert party.

What do you guys think about them and if I do one, which one should I do?

2 Likes

IF I was going to do one I would pay the extra $15 to be able to sit and watch. We’ve done the one in Tomorrowland Terrace. I would recommend getting there early to try get a spot by the edge b/c we were seated in the interior and could see the castle but NO fireworks. We were a little peeved to have paid all that money and then not be able to see the show. I don’t know how much choice you have over seating. We weren’t given any choice and we were a big group too (11).

2 Likes

I do keep looking at them… DH would never want to pay for it, but I’m very tempted b/c I can’t stand to watch the fireworks anymore :frowning:

1 Like

I watched Paging Mr. Morrow and he just did the seated one solo like I would be and it seemed like most of the 2 person tables were against the railing. I’m thinking that the $25 is worth it too, but $115 for a bunch of desserts I probably can’t eat much of is kind of a bummer.

1 Like

You’re welcome to join me if you’d like. You can prove you’re not a :ghost: lol

2 Likes

That would be so much fun. I could never eat all that dessert either.

I am interested in your assessment if you opt for the party.

I will be there in mid-January and was hoping to be able to just suck it up and deal with the mass of humanity, … but I may not be comfortable with that size crowd by then.

I would probably eat a good bit of dessert. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I did the Before party on 10/12, the one where you stand in the grassy area. I have done it many times in the past, and also used to do the seated one before the others started (the first time we did it, it was $25 a person…sigh). The desserts were fine, but I really missed the extra things they used to have like the egg rolls and the spinach dip. They still have the cheese and fruit, but the buffet seemed lacking (like many things since March 2020, stupid Covid). I prefer the standing party because of the view- the sitting one is off center and that offends my OCD tendencies where everything should line up straight. :rofl: We had a great spot and plenty of room around us, but that is mainly because we were in the little area that is new to the dessert party location this year, and a couple in scooters basically blocked the entrance so no one else could come in. Behind us there were a lot more people. What bugged me, and has made me say I likely won’t do the party again, is that there was plenty of space just east of us, that really should be party space but isn’t. Those people got pretty much the same view, with no extra money. To the west (pretty much center of the hub) was packed, but not many were to the east. I just don’t think that the view was much better than many other locations that could have been found close to show time. There is no guarantee that the crowds inside the dessert party location will be smaller than what is right outside, at least in my new favorite (non- reserved) area to watch. The friend I went with last week is still there and was planning to watch this week from the spot we scoped out. I will check with her and see if she ended up watching from there.

7 Likes

That would be awesome! I really don’t want to be butt to gut with 10000 of my closest friends if I can help it you know?

5 Likes

So, parties are mostly sold out for my date. There is room for a party of one for the pre party (we wanted post party but could do the pre if it’s our only option). We need four tickets.

Would it be worth it to book the one and keep stalking for more spots to open up and cobble together four seats? Or better to see if Mousekepros and find me four spots?

I would definitely keep stalking. Myself and another liner were going to each book 1 for ourselves (bc that’s all that was available) and try to sit together, but after stalking I was able to book for a party of 2.

2 Likes

I have not read all the responses. I did one of these in Jan 2020. I would not do it for the desserts but for the grassy lawn area it was wonderful. Prime viewing spot, very uncrowded and we could sit on the wonderfully lush grass while we waited. I wasn’t very fond of the dessert offerings though.

However, I did a Fantasmic one in DL once and that was better; We got a HUGE to go box filled with desserts and cheeses and fruit. It was wonderful. They don’t do them anymore there I believe, just dinner packages.

2 Likes

We did the dinner package at Blue Bayou in December of 2018 and received a “free” foam seat cushion. It was printed w/ a cool Disney theme. The view was amazing! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Agree if it’s dead center like the old dessert party. I’d do it every time. We had frikkin chairs and a center view right up front. The walkways there get so crowded it was heavenly to not have to be a part of that.