EMM "Cinderella upgrade" 2/11/20 - 3/3/20

Just saw this posted. I know a handful of ppl here are going to EMM in 2020. They will be adding Cinderella “supporting” characters to M&G during the event… Here’s more info -

For eight magical event dates February 11, 2020 through March 3 2020, guests who reserve Disney Early Morning Magic will enjoy an extra special treat, guests may see some of their favorite characters from “Cinderella,” such as Suzy, Perla, Fairy Godmother, Drizella and Anastasia, and Prince Charming popping in to celebrate this special occasion.

The special Cinderella enhancements will also include themed food and beverage offerings that will be added to the all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café. Breakfast is available from 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.

I’m hoping this is a “test” time to see if this is popular enough to become permanent.

4 Likes

Oh I hope they extend this into May! We have EMM tickets for our trip.

I try to picture Cinderella and crew in a Tomorrowland place…and cringe.

1 Like

So they’re going to drop in to Cosmic Ray’s?

I assume CR is restricted to EMM guests until 10am then?

Edit: Who are Suzy and Perla? :thinking:

They are the mice.

1 Like

The mice had names? :grin: Why do I not remember this? :joy:

1 Like

I’m a child of the 50’s, Cinderella is my favorite movie, and the mice - especially Jaq (“Jaq Jaq”) and Gus - were my favorite parts of the movie.

3 Likes

It seems like they’ll be placed in Fantasyland near the carousel.

But in that case, I don’t see what’s going to stop the rope drop crowd from joining the queue to meet them.

Plus it seems a waste of EMM time to queue up to meet them before the rope drop crowd head into Fantasyland.

1 Like

Ahh, much better! Thanks!

While EMM “technically” continues until 10am, that’s just to keep the buffet open for an hour so everyone who paid has a opportunity to go. You only get exclusive access to rides & attractions from 7:45am - 9am. I’d assume that these Exclusive characters (Prince Charming and Mice) will depart FL a couple minutes before RD and the attractions open to all.

Fantasyland is “roped off / patrolled” by CMs during EMM. They should be meeting approximately here -

1 Like

That makes sense.

But in order to meet them, you’re forgoing exclusive ride time. So I guess you have to make a decision between meeting some new characters you can’t meet anywhere else vs riding 7dmt and PP etc.

It does add some repeatedability to EMM though. And yes, I know that isn’t a word, but it fulfils a purpose lol!

2 Likes

To some (especially young kids), meet and greets are more fun than rides. DD4 would love this addition!

2 Likes

My kids love Gus and Jaq Jaq!

Oh yes, I realise that. But you’d be paying nearly $100 for breakfast and a meet&greet. :astonished:

I mean that’s not that much more than some character meals, depending on the age of the patron. I’ll be curious how busy they are and how long the wait time is. Will be interesting to see, realistically what you can fit in if you do the characters too. If you can get 7D and PPF taken care of also, then could still be worth it since all else can be handled with FPPs pretty easily.