Emergency Planning Help Needed

Are you going to try for FOP or just go with Navi? Also, are you putting TT in the EPCOT day at all? Is he tall enough for it?

As for Day 4, what does the little guy like more, animals or Toy Story? Also, I assume this is before GE opens, so how will crowds be in HS? Maybe go for AK and FOP here and leave Navi on Day 2?

He won’t make the height for FoP. I guess he was a little freaked out by the Big Thunder video, so I am a little worried about TT. That was why I thought Soarin? I think it will be his grandma’s first trip too.

1 Like

He’ll love Soarin’. My little guy is a bit of scaredy cat and he hated FOP (he also refused to do SDD and 7DMT) so we skipped TT. Frozen would be my second choice.

They have the dining plan, right? I recommend H&V Fantasmic Package. Only 1 TS credit but you get the FP to Fantasmic so you can maximize time elsewhere. And it knocks off the Fab Five.

Since they have Day 7 at HS, I’d do AK on Day 4. My youngest favorites there were the Safari and NRJ. He refused to do Dinosaur and Everest. My kids spent so much time on the first island (the one at the entrance) so just exploring AK would be great.

1 Like

Thanks!

Thanks for your help! Yes! They fly home on the 25th.

2 Likes

I just booked it! Now all I need is CRT!

2 Likes

You’ve really gone above and beyond. I hope they have a wonderful trip!

Better watch out for that co-worker, they may come in after you and convince her to change all your hard work!

Maybe I should change her password?

3 Likes

I just got CRT for lunch on his birthday! I just had to post. I love TP reservation finder!

17 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

Awesome find! You will be that boy’s hero, well, you have made it possible for his mom to be his hero anyway. And that’s a good thing, too.

:cheer2:

3 Likes

If you use ResFinder, for SOME REASON, as explained on Backside of Magic podcast recently, when you get notification of an availability, and you use the link provided in the text message, it bypasses whatever checkpoints exist in MDE that prohibit Ressies at overlapping times. So, you could actually book at CRT and BOG for same day/time and then drop one you don’t want. (I’ve done it, and it does work!).

I would book as many ADRs as you might use, ASAP. There is usually a lot of shuffling and dropping of ADR’s around FPP day, so you want to have what you can before then, and then tidy up your plans as other people drop and change their ADR’s based on their FPP. This also happened to me leading up to my July trip; got a TON of TP text messages for resfinder in the days surrounding my own FPP booking days.

As this age group is as much about characters as rides, perhaps Hollywood &Vine at HS.

Kids this age can really believe that they are meeting that person. We had a 5 year old at 1900 Park Fare. She was completely unimpressed by the Prince -"that’s just a guy in a suit ". She KNEW she met Cinderella.

I think you are right. Final ADRs booked (all at day 60 and 61): Crystal Palace, Tusker House (RoL), Garden Grill, Hollywood & Vine (Fantasmic), Raglan Road (mom’s request), and CRT . I told her she can change any meal other than CRT and any FP except for 7DMT and SDD.

7 Likes

My great granddaughters -7 & 8 yrs old - were looking at princess characters at WDW with my grandniece on her phone and asked, why aren’t they animated?

:open_mouth:

Talk about empty mind. No kid we ever brought to WDW ever asked that.

Good ADR & FP choices for them!

3 Likes

Well, along the same lines as this, my sister was just asked by a friend of hers if she should buy her park tickets ahead of time. They are going in two weeks. GAH! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Oh my! That is a challenge!