Ellen's Energy Adventure - Is it Epcot's Stitch?

I’m trying to do everything once on principle… but on our Epcot EMH morning of our first full day staying at BC, do I really want to spend 35 minutes in a 20-year-old attraction or to do I want to go back for a float in Stormalong Bay? My 74-year-old dad and I.
Sell me one way or the other.

1 Like

I love Ellen’s Energy Adventure, but yes, it’s probably dated. Also, I wouldn’t do it on an EMH, because I don’t think it ever has that much of a line up. Go when you’re hot and tired. You’ll get on that ride, relax and cool off and enjoy a little educational humour.

2 Likes

Definitely dated but not terrible. I do it every 3 or 4 trips. Nice place to sit and cool off and get a couple of laughs. Stupid Judy!!!

1 Like

I actually fell asleep on EEA the last time we rode it. It was not hot outside and I wasn’t noticeably tired before getting on it!

It’s ok. It might be a nice break for you and your dad. Are you considering renting a scooter for him?

1 Like

He spent 3 hours at the gym today “training” for our trip. So I think probably not, lol.

1 Like

I think you absolutely need to see it at least once. It’s a pretty cool technology in the ride system, and even if the the two films are a bit “dated” the dinosaur section in the middle is classic Disney dark ride, on a grand scale. Energy, LWTL, and SE are the only FW attractions remaining that are at least “close” to the original EPCOT attractions.

2 Likes

I agree that film may be dated, but the dinosaur part/ride was a fun surprise… Even got sneezed on by one of the dinosaurs (splashed)…!! My DS (7) loved that…

1 Like

My family has two that do none of the coaster rides, not even 7dwarves or test track (even though I drive faster on the roads) Energy is a must every day we go to Epcot make sure you take a potty break before entering the crowd for the ride.

2 Likes

I think that Energy is a great example of how little WDW cares about EPCOT. The FW pavilions are shells of their former selves, with dated information and technology, and very little upkeep in general. The big TT refurbishment was to paint it black, apply some Tron colors here and there, and install a mildly interesting design interaction to keep the throngs from rioting in the queue. Soarin’ is finally getting an update after years and years of poor projection and deteriorating film stock. And The Seas always strikes me as being an abandoned aquarium, nowhere near the quality of its competitors. Face it, it isn’t “Future World” any more, it’s “This is what the Future was going to be in 1990 World”.

And no, I’m not still holding a grudge about the closing of the Wonders of Life pavilion. Not that much, really. OK, OK, I still think that it is a travesty and Walt’s severed head is spinning in its cryogenic chamber. Happy now?

2 Likes

While I have to agree with much of what @brklinck has to say about Epcot in general, if you’ve never seen EEA, its worth a look. It may feel dated, but it is entertaining and the dinosaurs are great. I wouldn’t waste EMH on it, but it was a good afternoon break from walking.

1 Like

I wouldn’t go so far as to equate it to Stitch- it’s still a solid attraction. But on our last 3 visits, we’ve skipped it due to priorities and time commitment. It’s a long attraction, somewhat outdated- if you’re going dawn to dusk, it’s good for an afternoon rest. If you’re popping in and out of EP, don’t bother.

1 Like