Electric Conveyance Vehicle (ECV) Info

@joefishing209 Thanks for all the information! I have one question, is the sunshade option worth it? or does it just get in the way?

The guy I booked with said they don’t even offer it anymore. Too much downside. When moving within crowds it hits nearby people and makes them angry. Also, when the sideways rain comes, it catches the wind and the scooter tips over.
I rented a scooter recently for use at a local zoo. It had a sunshade and the drawbacks were obvious.
I just bought a scooter for use in my city and I passed on the sunshade option.

1 Like

Me and DW are both very sensitive to prolonged sun exposure and the larger ECV do not have a place for the sun shade to attach. We have gone at the end of June the last 2 summers and I have just used a hat with a rim around it and DW has just used a baseball cap. With that said we have been fine just remember to hydrate. We carry refillable water bottles and use flavor packs with electrolytes. I have to keep reminding us to hydrate as much as I drank the first day I still dehydrated myself and had bad cramps in the middle of the night.

We also have fans that mist water (of course the are Disney themed) I found them at Walmart for less then $5 each.

1 Like

We rented an ECV with a sunshade from Gold Mobility Rentals last month, and it was perfect for DW and DD who can’t sweat due to Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. Also, their rentals came with a USB charged fan. The sunshade fit in the hotel room and on all Disney buses without an issue - I only took it off in restaurants and at shows. DW really appreciated the shade.

1 Like