Edit: Rider switch FOP/ Navi

Doing this exact plan in April! If it makes you feel better, I have ridden Navi and it is nice but I wouldn’t be heartbroken to miss it. And I think it’s possible you could pick up a 4th FPP for it later in the day. I am pumped about FoP! I need DD6 to grow a half inch so she can ride it…without shoes she is 43 inches.

Shoes count, dont they? I hope she gets to ride! My (big) 4 year old is tall enough but I just have no idea how he’ll respond :thinking:

Yes, shoes count, and whatever is in the shoes too…When my son was 4, he was on the line for Splash Mountain (don’t remember what the height requirement is but he was just there). So, first time at Splash, CM lets him pass. He loves it so much, he wants to go back right away. OK, we love it too so let’s do it. Different CM, he is turned away. A lot of crying later, my wife had this genius idea of filling the bottom of his shoes with napkins. Yup, sounds ridiculous and insane but it sure worked. He was only missing a few milimeters I guess but after that we went back several times and it was fine !!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Of course, I think it’s stupid to cheat height requirements in a way that could cause safety issues but in this context, I think it was perfectly fine… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@jflafond_869328 That is dedication to Disney magic right there!

1 Like

Wait, you can’t get FP for both FOP and NJ. If you are doing rider switch, won’t you, DH and DS7 all need FP for that? Or does rider switch mean that you only need FP for one adult and one child?

For rider switch, an adult and child (me and older child in my scenario) will get a FP for it, all 4 of us walk up to the cast member and request a rider switch for my husband and older child. Older child and me get to ride it while Husband sits with younger child. Then husband and older child ride while I sit with younger child. That would leave my husband and younger child available for Navi FP while me and older child are riding FOP.

As I mentioned, rider switch is my dumb spot, so someone correct me if I’m wrong. All 3 of us won’t need a FP to do rider switch, correct? If so, that would make the rider switch kind of pointless. If this is wrong, I give up.

Last trip, I was able to RD FOP with my son and get a rider swap. My wife went on Navi with my daughter (while we rode FOP). Once we were both done, we rode Navi again as a whole family, and then my wife used the RS with my son. I was able to ride Navi with just daughter again. This was Spring Break last year, and we were done within 45 minutes of the park opening. Overall my daughter did Navi 3 times, my wife and I each did FOP once, and my son did FOP 2 times. We had two park days at Animal Kingdom (both EMH) and it worked both days.

1 Like

You are correct. You can get 3 RS’s with only 1 FP.

Swapping bands probably won’t help you, but if you had some extra non-riders (like grandma and grandpa) they could be given RS’s and then hand you their bands so you could ride again.