ECV / Scooter Tips and Tricks - share yours here!

This is awesome!

2 Likes

Wow! That’s fantastic! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just wanna say, used DAS and rented a ECV for the first time today. Totally changed the whole park experience. Wonderful.

5 Likes

That’s amazing news, I’m so happy for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It really does change the entire experience. Once you get past the “are people looking at me” thoughts, and realize they are buried in their phone and their own experiences, you can relax and truly let it go.

I’ve heard good things about DAS, glad you had a good experience @Wildblue

3 Likes

More info to report–got off the Galatic Starcruiser today. They were GREAT about ECV. When I checked in and talked to guest services, they arranged for an ECV to be waiting in DHS (Batuu) for day 2, when I got off the ship. Very helpful, and didn’t even charge me for it! I came back onboard for my lightsaber training, and then went back to Batuu, and they held it there the whole time.

Unfortunately, by the time I disembarked the GS today (day 3) and made it over to DHS, it was 10 AM, and they were doing a waitlist for ECV’s. I didn’t get called on the waitlist until almost 5 PM, over 6 hours later! By that time, I was exhausted from slowwwwwwwwly walking around the park with my support tools, so I just went home instead.

4 Likes

Question: can you not use a scooter on the Halcyon? Or is it a matter of the scooter not being able to go on the transporter to Batuu? I’m kind of confused. Or did you just not feel you needed it on the Halcyon itself, but would need it more in-park?

I know ECVs are welcome on the Halcyon. They have a special parking area for them. I belong to a Starcruiser group on FB that is all about accessible issues.

2 Likes

mathhound is correct. ECV’s are okay on the Halcyon too. I just used my cane/walking sticks around the Halcyon, and then used the ECV on Batuu. Worked well, although even just walking around the Halcyon really wore me out too. The 2nd time I returned to the Halcyon on day 2 from Batuu, the cast asked, and let me drive the ECV onto the shuttle back to the Halcyon too. Took them an extra minute to strap it down, but was fine.

3 Likes

We are looking to rent an ECV for our trip in April. We are not staying at a Disney resort (off property with family). Due to my husband’s disability we are not going to the parks for consecutive days, which makes renting an ECV from an offsite company expensive and difficult to schedule.
Has anyone had experiencing renting at the Disney parks? I’m worried they will run out.

They do run out. How often I don’t know. We have rented offsite.

1 Like

The WDW ones cost a lot more per day than renting offsite. Plus there might not be any to rent. If you park hop, you may not find any at the next park. Also, the process is very time consuming and will really eat into your park time.

However, if you are staying offsite and renting an ECV offsite, what are your plans for transportation of said ECV?

These are all things to consider.

3 Likes