ECV Advice (Solo Trip)

Thank you for mentioning this!

My bf is an RN and she hadn’t heard of this. Of course, she does NICU kids. Her dad is at that stage where he needs to exercise but he might fall and break a hip if he does.

1 Like

What impressed me about this option is the whole health aspect. Good for brains which is probably timely your friend’s dad.

1 Like

Yes I had rooms with roll in showers and 2 peak holes in the doors.

Sorry for the late response. When booking, you have to request a wheelchair accessible room. The ECV will be a tight fit in regular rooms and doorways. Often times, the doors are way too heavy to open and close on your own. You will be using a mobility device and should make your trip as convenient as possible.

All the rooms on Disney property will accommodate an EVC. We’ve rented them on a few occasions and pulled them in/out of the rooms for charging etc. w/o issues.

1 Like

As long as an ECV will fit into a standard room (which is what I have booked) I should be okay! I don’t need any special accomodations within the room itself (roll-in shower, etc.) because I only need the EVC for getting around the parks. I could possibly switch to an accessible room if that’s really necessary, but I don’t think I can make that change myself on the website, I’d have to call.

I did order a set of heavy-duty rubber door stops from Amazon that I’ll be using to prop the door open, so hopefully the process of getting in and out of my room won’t turn into a slapstick comedy sketch! :sweat_smile:

Anything else I’m forgetting? At this point, I think I’m most nervous about driving the thing on and off the bus multiple times every day, but hopefully I’ll get the hang of it. :grimacing:

1 Like

Good luck!!!

This thought might be the single thing that would keep me off an ecv at WDW. :flushed:

Hopefully for you, it’s one of those “why did I ever be concerned about this” things.

2 Likes

When I used one, the drivers were very helpful when getting in and out. Some would have me put it in neutral and they would push it; others would talk me through it. After a few times I was pretty confident.

2 Likes