Early Theme Park Entry Replaces Extra Magic Hours

Just the readable part of the article in the post made me think of Walt’s plan for Epcot.

That is something I think he would have been excited about.

4 Likes

Definitely agree. He was a geek before there were geeks.

1 Like
5 Likes

Well there a reason to stay on property 🥸

2 Likes

Thats for sure but we got a little time yet. I think it’s only starting in the fall.

2 Likes

Wow! That really is impressive.

What I would be interested to see is if this also works for people who prefer to set their own plan, ie: those who only ever Evaluate rather than Optimise. What difference would that half hour make to a route that started ina particular place and followed the same sequence of rides?

Just a thought …

2 Likes

Wow, that is very interesting. Also, that was the 437th time I thought, “These are my peeps”

As people that won’t do airborne cattle cars, and planned on avoiding Extra MagicHours parks, the only on-site benefit before was 60-day fast pass+.
But, early theme park entry is truly valuable to us. When you think about it, the more being off-site impacts your experience negatively, the more valuable it is to stay on-site. I know at Universal, having ridden Grighotts 5 times and being at the back-end of the park at park opening makes a huge positive impact to my day.

2 Likes

It is a big value to early risers and RD’ers. The sleep-in crowd doesn’t get much anymore other than location. At various times in my life I have been in one category or the other, but with 2 kids under 6 years old I’m currently in the early-riser crowd so I am happy with this change.

1 Like

But were those still happening? I can’t remember on my last trip (a couple years back) that there were ANY evening EMH… only mornings…

Have they been scheduling regular evening EMH over the past couple of years?

1 Like

They were doing evening EMH but typically only at MK, EPCOT & DHS, none for AK.

Typically it was DHS on Sunday, EPCOT on Tuesday, and MK on Wednesday.

You can go back and look at specific days on the Touring Plans website.

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/crowd-calendar/date/2020-03-01

1 Like

I am remembering the same thing- that EMH (evening were taken away) for After Hour events)? Maybe it was just AK/MK?

1 Like

Yeah, I went back and looked at a random sampling of dates… I guess they have been offered, but certainly not on a daily basis…

Just throwing it out there again.

Dear Disney World,

Please bring back nighttime EMH for those of us who don’t want to get up at 4am our time to make rope drop. There are quite a few West Coasters who are eschewing the convenience of DL, opting instead for a 5 hour flight and a considerable increase in money to enjoy your parks instead.

While WDW is, in my humble opinion, more fun, that alone doesn’t justify the added effort. It’s because I am trying to avoid the endless crowds of DL locals who seem to ALWAYS BE THERE.

Your nighttime EMH’s let us sleep in on our vacation, and afforded us the opportunity to avoid the masses even if just for a couple of hours.

DL has (had) early hours for people flying in from the East, please give people flying in from the West evening EMH.

Thank you.

4 Likes

There were evening EMH during my October 2019 visit at MK and Epcot.

And I had them at all except AK when I was there December 2018.

(Edit, I think I got my years mixed up, never mind this post)

This is October 2019

Every Tuesday EP had evening hours but it is the only park with them

January 2020 had some for every park except AK. It seems to be once a week and many nights there was not an evening offering.

2 Likes

Pre- Covid, I had a planned birthday trip for last July specifically because my b-day was on a Wednesday, coinciding with scheduled MK evening EMH.

My daughter and I had a blast during MK evening EMH in September 2019. Park was empty after 10 PM. I told my wife that was the only thing I wanted for my b-day, was going to MK for my b-day and EMH.

2 Likes

Sounds fun! My favorite PM EMH were back in the 90’s when MK would sometimes be open until 2:00 am. The park was empty after midnight. One night my brother and I rode Space Mountain over and over … walk-on.

2 Likes

Dear @Bubblez

Thank you so much for reaching out to Walt Disney World!

Your suggestion is a really excellent one and we very much appreciate it!

However, we can make more money by making people pay to access the park after hours. So, you know, you can take your suggestion and shove it.

We hope you have a magical day!

Walt Disney World

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This made me literally laugh out loud… if only it weren’t so accurate.

4 Likes