Early Theme Park Entry Replaces Extra Magic Hours

Does it? Cinderella’s castle is grand, but I still prefer Sleeping Beauty’s castle. It’s just … home? Plus all the green surrounding it makes it feel more beautiful to me. At MK, it feels like a giant paved area which is great for fireworks, but not so welcoming.

3 Likes

That’s a great way of looking at it, maybe I’ll try that.

2 Likes

I never thought of it like this:

but you are correct. DL in CA is much more intimate and welcoming overall. I love them both for different reasons.

3 Likes

I do too! I guess DL will always be my favorite park, but I do love them all.

3 Likes

hahaha you can have more than one best friend :wink:

3 Likes

Interesting. I was under the impression from something I saw elsewhere that they had sold off the fleet.

2 Likes

I remember hearing that also and yesterday I did a search for information about it.

The original story reporting that the fleet was for sale was incorrect and later corrected.

The fleet was spotted at a car dealership where the vehicles are being kept and serviced.

Ah. Yeah…I’d guess there is not a huge market for vehicles with giant polka dots. Heck, I wouldn’t even pay the extreme upcharge to use them. Plain old regular Lyft was fine with me.

You never know what interests people.

I find the Buzz Lightyear cavalcade car strangely compelling.

9 Likes

hell yes

But I bet for people with two kids in car seats or large groups people loved them. I was planning on using them if we needed for my 2yo nephew but then I rented the burban

1 Like

Yes they were good for people who needed car seats and they were also one of the the only accessible forms of car service in the area. There’s like , one taxi service that has an accessible van.

Yes they made our trip so much easier!

I can’t see them doing in house uber/minnie vans for the airport, unless they invest in electric cars or something that is going to go with their sustainability plan they just released for the next 10 years.

1 Like

Waaait a sec. wasn’t there an automated minnie van thing being on the verge of testing just before everything crapped the bed?

2 Likes

This is what I hope to do for my next trip. We are coming from the West coast and the time change is BRUTAL on us. This would alleviate that for us. Not to mention it would also give us time to explore some of the resorts.

5 Likes

I’d do this too. It’s about the same price as a one day ticket and includes some snacks and you can probably ride as much as you could on a busy normal day.

4 Likes

I am one of those 2 kids in car seats people. We took a few Minnie Van rides each if our last two trips. I would not do Lyft with the kids while they both need car seats.

2 Likes

I do remember Jim & Len talking about this, but I don’t know when. They talked about how there’s a whole town in the area where they have these autonomous cars going as a test run for this purpose.

2 Likes

It seems it all fell apart in 2017, and then Minnie Vans was the easier backup plan. Have there been rumors of another plan in the works since then?

2 Likes