DW throws major wrench in all my perfect plans

TSI is a great respite and nap spot, especially if 1 kid is napping, and the other needs to run free :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What exactly are the tried and true methods of staying hydrated and getting in AC? Itā€™s been 25 years since weā€™ve been to WDW so Iā€™m sure some things have changed. Also, itā€™s actually really important that my husband stays hydrated because he only has one kidney so any tips would be appreciated.

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming you will already have a stroller. Bring snacks and water and donā€™t be afraid to rest.

The rides will be there later. I wouldnā€™t knowingly takes risks. Of course we all know people who did wild and crazy rides before they knew they were pregnant and everything turned out fine; but having been to Disney World twice while pregnant, Iā€™m comfortable saying there is plenty to do without hitting up all the would-be rides. :heart:

3 Likes

I guess just in general be purposeful about not going too long without water (whatever way is easiest to access it), and e.g. at MK, do things like Country Bears, Tiki Room, Philharmagic, CoP at the hottest times of the day for a cool relaxing break.

2 Likes

DD18 could sleep anywhere in her stroller. She loved it. It was her safe space. DD21 would not even stay IN the stroller unless you were moving at a pretty fast pace

This reminds me of my grocery shopping as a single mom or when X-hubby (and I cannot put XDH because heā€™s not Dear to me! LOL) was in Iraq. One of them was all over the store and the other one so calm. Mine are 3y apart and DS has ADHD.

3 Likes

Congratulations!!

Everyone has given such great input I donā€™t have a lot to add. Iā€™ve never been while pregnant but my littlest two were still in the afternoon nap crowd our first few trips. They napped swimmingly on the go in the stroller. Never any issue with noise. In fact, they were more likely to wake up once the stroller was stationary or we transitioned from a loud space to a quiet one (like the resort) so we never went back to take naps.

1 Like

My wife has been pregnant a couple of times that weā€™ve been in Disney. Donā€™t tell her, but in some ways it makes touring easier. :shushing_face: Since I was the only one who could ride thrill rides (the kids who were born at the time were still too short or scared), child swap was a breeze (meaning, sheā€™d wait with the kids while I rode). I was able to do most either with FP (at the time), by going on a ride while kids were napping in the stroller, jogging across the park while the kids ate lunch after I finished mine, etc.

If there were any rides that she could ride, I made sure to give her extra chances (Soarinā€™ is her favorite ride). And of course we tried to focus most of our time on family rides that all of us could enjoy together. We kept the pace very slow. You donā€™t want to overexert when youā€™re pregnant or when you have little kids, so it kind of grounds you and helps guide you toward a more healthy, slow-paced touring style.

2 Likes

This, but we still get the child swap pass added to her MB. Then I go ride all the thrill rides twice! Is that mean? I think we did that a few times the last time we went. Thankfully my wife is easy going.

The only time she was upset with the day, was we went to UOR. We went with my extended family and they made her come with, while she wanted to just stay back at the pool with our oldest. That park has nothing for someone who is pregnant.

3 Likes

We did this too, but I wasnā€™t going to advertise it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I did this mistake, going to UOR pregnant.

But then DH did a pretty Big Brain move and got a private tour of the Hard Rock Cafe by the head of their collection department who happened to be on property that day. It got me out of the heat and let me feel as if I wasnā€™t a complete waste of space. John Lennonā€™s hand drawn pictures areā€¦something else. Instead of feeling left out, I ended up feeling as if I was being let in on a secret that general pop doesnā€™t get to see.

The tour guide was doing a personal favor for my DH who was working for the Seminoles at the time, but I know they have other tours that they did too.

For other current/future Dadā€™s who run into the Preggo wife stuck at UOR syndrome, see if you can get a tour of the HR Cafe.

https://www.thesocialintrovert.co/vibe-tour-at-universal-orlandos-hard-rock-cafe/

3 Likes

Ordinarily Iā€™d agree with this, but keep an eye on the wait times before heading over there. Iā€™ve been seeing reports of incredibly long lines coming back, and once youā€™re there you are completely stuck. Itā€™s one of DS13ā€™s favorite attractions, so Iā€™m trying to build it into our TP but we might end up skipping it.

The SW Launch Bay (especially in the theater) used to be a great spot for a nap, but I donā€™t think itā€™s open right now.

1 Like

Speaking of great spots for a nap, Carousel of Progress became an unplanned nap location for my DD0 a few years back. She was screaming at the top of her lungs when the show first started. I tried everything to hush her, then I finally pulled out my phone and put on her ā€œmagic songā€ that always calmed her - ā€œAnother Day of Sunā€ from La La Land. She went silent and fell asleep almost instantly, at which point I was able to turn off the song. I donā€™t think the other guests (of which there were few) minded the bit of music in exchange for the quiet baby.

By the way, I have a video of a different occasion where this same trick worked. It was common enough that I am convinced she had a response to that song in particular - it didnā€™t work with any other. Our theory is that she remembered the song from when DW and I saw the film in the theater when she was still in the womb. Plus it has a very pleasing rhythm.

4 Likes

My oldest reacted the same way to Ants Marching from the Dave Matthews Band. It never failed to calm him.

1 Like

Ants Marching makes me dance

1 Like

We used CoP for naps all the time when the kids were still nursing. We just stayed seated and saw the show as many times as needed to complete nursing and napping.

3 Likes

I used to dance to it with DS in my arms and he always went to sleep. :joy:

1 Like

Well there you go! Dancing for mama, sleeping for child. Got the connection!

1 Like

Disney has this suggested list of ā€œless busyā€ spots for those trying to escape over-stimulation that might be good quiet nap spots.

Pages 29-31

6 Likes

Letā€™s hope so!

5 Likes

These two are great for MK:
Adventureland: Swiss Family Treehouse; Corridor to the left of Pirates
of the Caribbean
Liberty Square: Behind Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe

And also these for HS:
Echo Lake: Walkway surrounding Echo Lake
Commissary Lane: Outside ABC Commissary

This brochure has great advice!