DVC You There! - Now with Bonus Content

…and for the record: I see similar things happening on several resorts with particular priced studios getting created repetitively at 1-week intervals - but not all are 7-day bookings or starting on Saturday.

3 Likes

Damon?

4 Likes

I don’t own DVC so many not be correct in this but doesn’t DVC also offer a guaranteed week option for a higher price then the regular point purchase?

I thought I remembered that from a DVC presentation I did once. Could the frequent 7 day listings be from guaranteed week contract? Could explain the frequency of them and the higher price.

6 Likes

There are but I don’t think there are that many of them

3 Likes

Interesting! Never heard of that before.

I just Googled the topic and looks like all guaranteed weeks run Sunday to Sunday though.

5 Likes

Haha oooh yes.

5 Likes

Guaranteed weeks are only available at the newer resorts.

CCV and Riviera have them, plus Poly and GFV. The older resorts don’t have them, so it doesn’t account for the predominance of OKW 7 day reservations. Those would still have to be booked as normal.

6 Likes

I gave up on the Welcome Home podcast. I found I just couldn’t finish one. I think they’re too long. I wish they would do something a little shorter and sweeter.

5 Likes

I listen when I don’t have anything left and I also rarely finish. I also find myself frequently yelling at the phone like when Trevor insisted that he used to book Fast passes at 180 days! :exploding_head:

5 Likes

Is it the one that Eve try episode is like 2hrs long?

I swear one time they spent an entire show talking about their visit to some other theme park not even in Orlando. Like something local to them. And when I mentioned something about it on their page they were all “it’s our podcast and we can talk about whatever we want”

Which sure that’s true but … maybe don’t market yourself as a DVC podcast then.

4 Likes

Yes, yes it is. I think that they lost all DVC credibility to me when none of them could figure out how to book using 2023 points when the day they were making the booking was still in 2022.

If you want to hear ALL about bocce on HHI then this is for you!

5 Likes

I find it curious when DVC deals drop way out at the furthest end of the booking window at a really low price. Here’s 2 AK Jambo studio deals for $208 per night next May.

4 Likes

What does an AK Jambo studio generally run for dates that are sooner?

3 Likes

The median AK Jambo studio price I have for all deals I recorded (160 total) is $329.
Even ones that drop within a few weeks of check in tend to be around $300.

Out of those 160 deals, only 4 are less than $250.
In addition to these 2 above, there’s a 7-day deal for $207 per night in August and a 1-day deal in Jan for $240.

4 Likes

Actually early Saturday morning brain: - my numbers there are just for deals that are currently active.
I have deals that are gone in another sheet because things were getting too large. I’ll have to go look in that one too…

Adding: The median of the 92 Jambo studio deals in my past deal archive is a bit higher at $336. There are 7 past deals that were less than $250. Three of those were 2-day deals for $216 in January, the others were 1-day deals above $220.

4 Likes

That is weird indeed
I have no insight

4 Likes

I’ll take “Things that make you go Hmm, 'for $200, Alex.”

4 Likes

I think the low price ones are usually value studios. I know I had a 3 night stay last December and I only paid $5xx for the stay. The sute said standard, but when I linked the reservation it was a value room. When I did the math on $ per point it was only a slight discount from the non-confirmed reservation price. That said… that’s an amazing deal for memorial day weekend!

6 Likes

A larger drop of deals this evening - including the cheapest DVC deal to date!
1-day AK Jambo Studio on 7/11 for $189.

6 Likes

Going in to this project, I had expected OKW and Saratoga to be leading the pack in deals and did not expect BW Villas to rank #1.

Admittedly: I am a DVC noob still and was just my perception from people talking about DVC over the years. Also, this is just based on already-made bookings and not all DVC rentals, but this is the only data I’ve got to work with. :wink:

5 Likes