DVC You There! - Now with Bonus Content

Totally. That really was great!

1 Like

@JJT have you considered color coding your graphs by Broker? ie. instead of all just blue dots, assigning a color to each Broker to get a visualization of where their prices fall regardless of the graph you produce. Might become a bit noisy on a scatterplot with a lot of values, but figured I’d suggest it anyway

3 Likes

I’m always trying to come up with new ways to show the data and that sounds interesting.
There are a lot of overlapping dots so in high volume plots could be hard to discern, of course.

Also, wouldn’t be an exact visual since there are certain rentals that they seem to book in identical batches - so a single dot might actually be multiple rentals of the same date, price, room.

Thinking out loud - not sure I can even get Excel to do that in my current system (which is automated mixed combo charts based on my selections.) I’d probably have to split the data filtering table into one for each vendor. hmm.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t show volume but it could potentially show a trend with a particular vendor. Like if Daves is green and green rarely goes under median or DVC Shop is pink and is frequently under median. What this matters I don’t know. But if it is easy it could be interesting to see what vendors do and when they most frequently do it.

I agree - but I think the limits of the scatter chart visual will come into play: DVCShop & DVCRentalStore account for a much higher percentage of rentals and might block out the others in a sea of dots.

Maybe I’ll mock up something later quickly to see how it plays out.

Crunching independent medians to chart for each site and room or creating a chart based on their standard deviation from the overall median might be easier to parse…

4 Likes

VacationClubLife dropped several pretty terrific Poly rentals plus a BW & a BC rental for July and August this afternoon!

4-night Poly Studio 7/25 for $365/night or 30% under median
7-night Poly Studio 7/27 for $355/night or 32% under
7-night Poly Studio 8/10 for $355/n
7-night Poly Studio 8/24 for $355/n

3-night BW Studio 8/24 for $283/n or 29% under
4-night BC Studio 7/28 for $320/n or 32% under

2 Likes

5-night BW 1BR Villa Start 7/21 for $525/night or 27% under median.

Price Drop
This rental only showed up this morning and already dropped $89/night!

6-night OKW 2BR Villa start 9/11 now $504 or 30% under.

3 Likes

As a summary - just 2 nights ago there were pretty much only 1BR and 2BR Villa rentals left out there for summer at any decent discount below median… Now there’s a smorgasbord!

These are just the ones more than 20% below median and at least 2-nights…

2 Likes

4-night CC Studio start 8/5 for $288/night or 26% under median.
1-night OKW Studio on 9/3 for $180 or 37% under.

2 Likes

I’ve updated the TP subscriber DVC rental deal page with this week’s picks!

2 Likes

4-night DisneyLAND Hotel Studio start 9/9 for $345/night or 31% under median.

About as good as it gets for that room for dedicated rentals…

A Rental with Potential (sounds like a Muhammad Ali call out):
Currently only 4% under median, but if you are looking for supersized rental in December, might be worth watching for future price drops.

12-nighters are fairly uncommon and likely harder for someone to unload all them days in one swell foop.

12-night OKW 1BR Villa start 12/1 for $510/night.

Price Drop

5-night CC Studio start 8/9 now $313/night or 20% under.
https://www.dvcstore.com/pre-booked-form.cfm?IDNumber=925

2 Likes

Very few rentals in this morning’s data refresh and did not have time to run it again until after 9PM tonight!

In total, over 50 new rentals today and several very nice ones. That includes almost 2 dozen mid to late May 2025 rentals, many of which are at least 20% under median!

Use my search engine to look for the newest ones.
(Pro Tip: Days on market header to sort by that after searching. You can toggle it to have the newest up top.)

My fav in tonight’s bunch: 5-night AK Jambo studio start 12/19 for $250/night or 23% under median.
Especially good deal on Christmas week.

A Very Nice Price Drop Too

2-night BW Studio start 8/9 now $272/night or 32% under median!

2 Likes

2-night DisneyLAND Hotel studio start 10/16 for $308/night or 38% under median.

Just about as low as that room goes for in dedicated rentals.

3 Likes

That’s during DS’s fall break, so I was tempted before seeing it only sleeps two.

2 Likes

Only 3 new rentals in Sunday morning’s refresh, but at the 8:00PM pull there were 92 new ones in total.

Some pretty SUPER TERRIFICS out there:

1-night CC Studio on 7/28 for $255 or 35% under median

1-night GF Studio on 7/28 for $270 or a big honking 48% under.

2-night CC Studio with Walk-In Shower start 9/18 for $247 or 37% under!

8-night Riviera 1BR Villa start 9/20 for $710/night or 24% under median.

5-night HH 1BR Villa start 12/22 for $400/night or 42% under median

3-night AK Jambo start 1/27 for $208/n or 36% under

3 Likes

5-night BW 1BR Villa start 7/18 for $546/n or 23% under median.

3-night GF Studio start 8/25 for $400/n or 23% under

Price Drop

2-night BC Studio start 11/21 for $380/n or 19% under
This is as low a price as we saw for this room last November.

2 Likes

This is never going to be a “cheap” room on any day, but even with a relatively limited inventory of these showing up over the last two years, this is a solid deal relative to recorded prices.

3-night BC 2BR Villa start 9/29 for $787/night or 21% under median.
https://www.dvcstore.com/pre-booked-form.cfm?IDNumber=1030

However, you will notice that last year in the early September time frame there was a nice batch of lower prices than this. Most of those started appearing under 50-days from check in.

2 Likes

MOAR PRICE DROPS

The BLT prices are so terrific, they make the also very good Poly studio price look almost meh! :smiley:

5-night BLT Studio start 7/14 now $261/n or 41% under!
https://www.dvcstore.com/pre-booked-form.cfm?IDNumber=1025

2-night BLT Studio start 7/15 now $257/n or 42% under!
https://www.dvcstore.com/pre-booked-form.cfm?IDNumber=1024

1-night BLT Studio start 8/02 now $304/n or 31% under!

5-night Poly studio start 8/25 now $420 or 19% under

2 Likes

1-night BW Studios, each $312 or 22% under median.

7/30: Book Reservation 335837 at Disney's Boardwalk Villas for up to 60% off.
08/01: Book Reservation 335835 at Disney's Boardwalk Villas for up to 60% off.

4-night OKW Studio start 9/8 for $234 or 18% under.

Not the lowest price in the fairly large batch of September OKW rentals, but still a solid deal, especially at 4-nights.

2 Likes

Just booked the BLT for 7/15.

Thank you @JJT!

5 Likes