DVC tours..have you/would you?

We did our tour a couple of years ago. The incentive was $100 gc and 1 fp for each member of my party. We booked the earliest tour so it didn’t impede on our day in the least (DD is a late sleeper so she stayed at the room while we toured).
Zero pressure, except that the salesman had our full vacation history and saw that we were renting DVC points for about 7 trips at that point. Without pushing, he really just laid it out for us that beyond that fact, the overall way that we vacation made it reasonable to be owners.

For $50, no. Not enough. $50 & some fastpasses, maybe.

And you probably rented points for less than the annual dues+ 1 month payment each trip!

I doubt I would for that offer, especially at WDW. I did a tour at DLR last summer and got a $100 gift card and 4 anytime FPs for each member of my party. We were staying at the DLH and I left my family at the pool, while I did the tour. My DH is not very good with sales pitches, so it was best for all concerned that he did not tag along. Initially it was frustrating because I had called ahead and made my appointment a week earlier and they had assured me that I only needed to go and that my family would still get it he FPs, however a very cranky woman was adamant that I heard wrong. I pulled out a note that I had taken during my conversation that had all the instructions and what I would get. The cranky woman begrudgingly gave in and honored my FPs. Although I was only promised 3 fps, they ended up giving me 4 per person. The sales pitch was not too over the top in my opinion, however there were a few comments made by my sales person that I thought slightly crossed a line and in those moments was VERY happy DH wasn’t with me. When we finished (70 minutes from enter to exit), I walked out with a $100 GC, 16 anytime FPs, and a bag full of sodas and snacks for our hotel room. I would do it again, but only if it was similar in compensation.

1 Like

Yes, I think that would be worth it.

1 Like

I did the tour when I was staying at WL a few years ago. They picked me up and drove me to DS before a lunch ADR (saving me bus time or Lyft cost). They then gave me a $100 gift card (I used it to buy fairy godmailer gifts) and 3 FPs.

2 Likes

Well… No. But when we rented we’d stay 9- 10 nights. It would usually fall somewhere between $1600 - $2200, depending on the resort. But that was once a year. So, compared to a year’s worth of payments & dues, yes, much less. But, no perks, no discount on tickets, etc…
I think the first year we stayed at kidani for 9 nights for about $1200. Those were the days when the rental points were really cheap.

2 Likes