DVC tour perks

Has anybody stayed at a value resort and taken the tour? I’m staying at Sports next month and just signed up for a tour. I heard the gift card amounts vary but I felt greedy asking the cast member on the phone, like I was only signing up for the tour for the freebies — cause, you know, I’m not. :smirk::joy:

1 Like

Yes both time we stayed at the All Stars. We got one $50 gift card both times.

Did you get the FPPs as well? We’re trying to figure out just how worth it is for us to take this tour. I do love exploring the resorts, so it’s not a total waste of time for me.

I just called and asked about a Rivera tour in March. They said they were doing the fast passes but no gift cards. Has anyone else been this year? I’m wondering if I can get better incentives.

1 Like

Yes we did.

When did you go?

June 2019.

We just took a tour and got a gift card but not FPs. We were told we could choose by a DVC rep at a kiosk.

Oh that’s interesting. It might make the tour not as worth it for me.

1 Like

I think it depends on a few factors.

DVC clearly want to have a certain number of tours per month or so, and the reward may well vary accordingly.

But there was a time where to be offered a tour you had to be pre-screened, and they had a minimum combined salary threshold before they would offer a tour. So to some extent, the perks may well depend on how serious or otherwise they consider you to be.

When we did ours, 10 years ago now, we signed up at a DVC desk at the BC, and they did ask us for some information there to pass on to our guide. At that point Bay Lake was the Resort they were actively selling, but all the tours were at the show rooms at SSR.

When the Poly went on sale, and again when CCV went on sale, they had rooms at the resort they would show people around. But the perks for taking a “full tour” at SSR we’re usually better than just a room tour.

All of which is to say that the “current perks” can vary from day to day and between different guests.

I am going in March too and got the same email(just saw it because it gets “filtered”)…so I haven’t called yet. Would like to do it, but honestly I think a gift cert needs to be involved for 3 of us to go at such a busy time. I will call Monday and let you know what I hear.

tturnernd…did you go? and if you did, what were your perks?

no I havent gone yet… not til May!!

Can anyone tell me where the DVC kiosks are at the resorts? I will be at Hilton Bonnett Creek and I don’t think there is one there… I know there is one at Saratoga Springs… anywhere else?? hopefully near me?

I know you asked about resorts, but there are kiosks set up in the parks too. In MK, I believe it’s behind 7DMT across from Ariel. In EPCOT, I believe it’s near the Canada pavilion. I’m sure they’d be happy to help set something up

thanks snowwhitedoc, but i wont be at the parks until monday and by then it will be too late :frowning: