DVC tour perks

I am planning a Disney vacation in May, arriving on a Sunday but starting parks on Monday… so the only day I have totally free is Sunday.
I was thinking about doing a DVC tour to get the perks . My question is… will I still get the perks if I voluntarily sign up beforehand? Since Sunday is my ONLY possible day

1 Like

My guess is that you would because you’re still taking time out of your vacation to do it. Are you staying at a hotel that has a DVC desk? Or can you get to Disney Springs on Sunday? Instead of signing up beforehand, you could go to one of those locations and ask if you can do a tour that same day. They’ll transport you back and forth. A couple weeks ago friends of mine walked into the preview center at Saratoga Springs with no appt and got the FPP.

1 Like

I called before my vacation and was able to book a presentation and got several perks. I even asked them what I would get before booking. When I got there there was some push back as to some of the perks, but in the end, I ended walking out with more than originally promised.

1 Like

ok thanks to you both.
because I can ONLY do it on Sunday I was fearful of waiting until I got there, as they may not have any available spots that day.

Make sure that they include free Mickey Bars…

2 Likes

What kind of perks did you get?

1 Like

I heard you get 3 fp and a disney gift card… maybe $50??

1 Like

Each person gets 3 any time FP and the gift card is based on where you are staying. I would call and set up a time and you can choose what resort to visit. We did AKL in 2018 and WL in 2019 this was a great way to visit some of the resorts.

1 Like

Do you still get perks if you’ve done the tour before?

Yup we did it 2 years in a row.

2 Likes

Yes you can do it as many times as you want. I believe there is a time frame, but I cannot remember what it is. I want to say every 90 days?

I ended up with 4 anytime fp for each member of my family and a $100 GC. I was originally promised 3 fps per person and the GC. I was also given a birthday pin and several sodas and snacks to bring back to the room.

1 Like

What did you do to get that’s?

They were a bit snarky with me because I came by myself. When I made the reservation, I was told I could come solo and my party would still get the FPs. Once there, I was told I would get my FPs and gift card but the rest of my party wouldn’t get the FPs. I dug my heels in and said something about bait and switch. They begrudgingly gave me what I was promised, plus a little bonus. Not sure why the change of heart, but I appreciated it!

1 Like

I hadn’t considered doing this before, I was wary of a hard sell. I’m not interested in buying DVC, someday maybe, so have always avoided this. It never occurred to me I’d get something in return, besides seeing a great resort. Thanks for the tips!

1 Like

Wife and I did a DVC tour last year at the Poly as we were staying there. Got three anytime FP for both of us and our two kids and a $75 gift card each. Took about an hour total.

How do the anytime FPs work?

Had several exclusions at each park. I don’t remember them all, but I know Mine Train and Peter Pan were excluded at MK. At AK, Pandora rides were excluded. At Epcot, no Frozen. Hollywood Studios was a totally different park then, but all of the TSL stuff was excluded.

Does anybody know what the latest time slot available typically is? I have availability on my arrival day but it’s in the later afternoon, probably closer to 4 once I’m checked in to my resort.

Will I get the fp and gift card even if I sign up for a tour online months in advance? My availability is limited so I want to make sure I get in on the one day I am available
Plus I want the perks