DVC third party resale

Same. We bought at AKL at less than $100 per point, and got 50 bonus points for life. It was a sweet deal. Looking at add-on prices now makes me choke!

Here are the 2018 direct prices. It also shows the increase this year. I would assume that there will be another increase once they announce the Riviera resort for sale!

I think it is a little bit of a disservice to imply that the years remaining on a contract has anything to do with direct vs. resale. With the exception of OKW you get the same amount of years no matter how you buy. Yes, it is a factor in your resort choice, but after that, the price difference really only boils down to membership extras. Even Copper Creek can be purchased via resale for the full 50 years.

Yes, but you do not think you should consider the price per year?

I am only comparing resale vs new direct.

But why would you ever do that?

Lol, I don’t know, to save $3-4,000!

Is that for 200 points? For me it would be between $0-$1000 looking at recent offerings. I look at everything in savings for APs so that is one year for me. I think point size and family size add to the calculation. Interesting how much points have increased since January!

Thank you for this!

When considering that it’s less years, I was comparing to original offering. Ie. new at copper creek vs resale at animal kingdom. It seems bonkers to me that the price of something goes up when there’s less of it.

1 Like

I compare the same way. I never thought to look at it the other way. Interesting discussion!

1 Like