DVC room ready question

I just want an upper floor. Is the online check in allowing any requests for DVC? I looked at it for my MVT room just to check the address on file and the request fields are blank.

I would just phone in, or use the chat feature, or even email!

I don’t trust the online check-in anymore. I think it’s unreliable at best … :smiley:

2 Likes

That could be annoying. We considered a split stay, but are only there for 5 nights so didn’t want to deal with changing rooms.

We care more about our room request than having a room ready at 4 pm. We submitted our room request to the owner via the rental agency to be made with member services. We are planning on dropping our bags off in the morning on our way to the parks and reiterating our request at the time (per instructions from rental agency) and saying we are happy to wait for the desired room to be available. We know that requests aren’t guaranteed, but hopefully we can find a room that partially fills the request (quiet is the most important thing for us).

There are room request options on the DVC online check-in. We were instructed to leave those blank as they would override the request made with Member Services.

However, looking at our schedule now, we will probably have a dinner reservation the first evening (either Hoop Dee Do or Artist Point) so we will need to shower and change from the park clothing.

I think there are showers near the pool or fitness center that we could use. We are staying at Boulder Ridge Villas. Does anyone happen to know?

So we will probably go 2 and 2. Which means on the morning of the 3rd day we should probably plan an in-park day so we won’t care when the room is “ready”. Would that be the right way to plan that?

According to this

http://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/content/sturdy-branches-health-club

There are showers in the changing area.

1 Like

Excellent, thanks!

Yeh we don’t have kids that need to nap, but we do like a break back at the resort. I plan about 1-2:00 TS lunch, and hopefully it’s ready by the time we are done.

Does anyone know when I can do a fax request for a room? We aren’t going until the last week in September and we rented a DVC standard view room at Jambo.

You should have the option in your touring plan dashboard interface.

However, I’ve seen DVC room requests don’t really utilize the faxes as much as normal rooms, as it can be part of your reservation. I would have your DVC Points owner adjust your reservation to add the request to it (annnnd also send a fax with the same info :slight_smile: )

1 Like