DVC Resort Refurbishment Schedule

BLT kitchenettes eat up way too much space

2 Likes

I agree. Look at that pull out storage :flushed:

1 Like

what actually throws me is the BLT Studio kitchen and bathroom should be flipped. As should the Bed positions.

More than once I’ve sleepily (and not so sleepily) walked into the kitchen and had a moment of “uhhh…where’d the toilet go?”

And the beds should be on the other side. All of them should be facing the castle, not the A-Frame building.

3 Likes

I totally agree w/ you on all ideas. I was disappointed that you really couldn’t sit anywhere in the room to see the castle unless you moved a chair out from the wall to place it in front of the sliding doors.

1 Like

What’s weird is I’ve NEVER had that problem with any other hotel room. As weird as some are, there’s never been a confusion on what room is what.

It’s just the BLT rooms I, for some reason, naturally think “this room here is the bathroom”… and it’s not, it’s the kitchen. Thankfully, I usually figure it out before it’s too late. Usually. :smirk:

Maybe it is because it’s too big/same size as the Bathroom. Like @lovesbeerandwaffles said, reduce its size and/or remove the top part of the wall between the rest of the room and the kitchen and it will probably fix the problem easily.

1 Like

wait. so I can’t watch fireworks from bed next week? that stinks. I thought all the beds with a theme park view faced the castle. I was misinformed.

1 Like

yeah, afraid not. So far, none of the beds I’ve seen in BLT have been facing the castle. The multi-bedroom ones might, but I have my doubts.

If you sit at the foot of the bed, you will. It’s a really terrible interior design decision. That and having the outlets under the nightstand in that weird fashion.

1 Like

the beds at Poly face the castle so you can watch fireworks :heart_eyes:

1 Like

mmm not all. Depends on what room you’re in.

1 Like

OMGosh… I forgot about those. I took out my extension cord until I found them :angry:

1 Like

Poly is next on my bucket list. We’ve never been.

1 Like

I don’t know, I usually travel with dry goods to fill a Conestoga wagon

1 Like

we’re going again… I loved it the first time. Well, the first time as an adult that I have good recall of :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, lake/theme park view is what I was thinking of

1 Like

right so was I. They still don’t all face the same. I think the evens face the castle and the odds don’t?

Specifically talking about the DVC ones. I stayed in room 3015 and no bueno. 3016 though would’ve been able to see it though from the bed.

But from table you could see it, so it made dinner pleasant. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was in 3025… odd and could see the castle from the bed

:rage:
Great. so that means it’s completely inconsistent!

@Len, when you upgrade the room finder feature, can this be noted in the details of the room? I personally find this very important in my room choice.

EDIT: just so you don’t have to go back through to figure out what is being asked:
A spot in the room details saying whether or not the bed faces the castle and can be seen from 1 or both beds. Obviously, this would just be for the theme park view rooms.

4 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

Won’t that depend on people reporting that detail? Which means until people have stayed in every room the info will be blank.

1 Like

For the Poly it might be possible to figure it out based on room type.

Christina is staying there on Jan 5. I’ll ask her to see what she can see.

2 Likes